BBK retrofit mushy pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBK retrofit mushy pedal

Hi all. I recently did a conversion to DB9 front brakes and 996 rear brakes. Initially, I only changed the front and did a full bleed (500mL) followed by a INPA ABS bleed cycles (1L). Afterwards, the brakes felt vague i guess would be the way to describe it. I would push down on it and there would never be a point where the brake pedal would get “stiff”. It was just a soft travel down to wherever I was braking to. The brakes worked completely fine though. It stops very well, and i even took it to a track day and it felt fine. Now I changed out the rears and did a full bleed again without INPA ABS and the feeling has not changed. I was hoping it was the mix of aftermarket fronts and OE rears that causes the weird feeling but now it seems like it’s here to stay. Again, the brake pedal feels vague without much resistance at any point, but the car still stops VERY well. Is this normal or did I not bleed my brakes right?

you probably still have air in the lines. how did u bleed them? 2 person method or with a bleeder?
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
      you probably still have air in the lines. how did u bleed them? 2 person method or with a bleeder?
      I did 2 person when I did my fronts. Then for the rears I gravity bled them for a little bit, then installed speed bleeders on all 4 corners and bled them that way.

Comment

Originally posted by slowmobile View Post

I did 2 person when I did my fronts. Then for the rears I gravity bled them for a little bit, then installed speed bleeders on all 4 corners and bled them that way.
        get a motive bleeder and 64 oz of brake fluid and bleed all 4 corners twice. let the rears run for 2x as long as the fronts. should be good to go after !
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
        X