Need help with a new battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with a new battery

I need a new battery for my '04 convertible. Car came with a WorldSourceOne 94RMF AGM that's rated @ 790CCA. Called a dealer, they gave me PN 61 21 2 353 808 which is a lead acid battery, 80AH/640CCA. Would I be better off buying the OEM lead battery, or get another AGM battery? I found PN 61 21 2 353 813 which is out of another BMW model- AGM, 80AH but higher CCA at 800. Both batteries are H7, so it should fit no problem. Just not sure, as I read that batteries for verts are specific and differ from other models. Also, dunno if it makes a difference, but I have a car audio setup with 2 amplifiers (580W total). Any help would be appreciated

Insist on the AGM H7… I went with an AGM when I installed my first Dynavin / BavSound kit, which ended up being two amps (cabin + sub)… I just went to Sears and got the best AGM they had in H7 size though… autozone has good selections now… that was years ago so I can’t help with part numbers… sorry.

'05 Vert; Dynavin + BavSound w/ski pass sub and amp + Hertz cabin amp.

maw
    Last edited by maw1124; 10-29-2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I would think the construction of an AGM battery would be suitable for the convertible application.
      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Working...
      X