SSV1 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSV1 Question

I recently purchased a used set of SSV1 headers for a reasonable price. The section one that came with it was a bit hacked up, doesn't have cats or look like an original Supersprint piece. What are my options if I want to get a section 1? The Supersprint section 1 (catted) is the better part of $2400 and is on backorder.

Anyone have suggestions?

Ehh, that's prolly why you paid a "reasonable" price...that doesn't look like an SS Section I to me. If the non-catted Section I is available, you can buy that, and then add some high quality GESI cats...it should be much cheaper!

Comment

That's a factory sect 1 with slip fits welded on and 1 resonator added. it probably is just fine, but you'll get a little more grunt with a full 2.5" sect 1. HJS catted sect 1 "v1 s pipes" were about $1700 (after tax) via group buy, but you ight have missed the boat there. Maybe the cyber monday sale? Otherwise, Stan is spot on; cheapest way to get what you want is to buy the ~$400 catless SS "v1 S pipes" and have some $200-800 cats (Gesi is best affordable option) cats welded in.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Just get the straight 2.5" Sec 1 for like $400 bucks and weld in whatever you want.

I went with 2 Vibrant Ultra Quiet 2.5" resonators and it's been perfect.
        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 BMW ///M3
        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Hit it and quit it.
          2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT
          M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/CatCams 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

For domestic:

DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

That's extremely helpful, and I appreciate the links. Thanks for the help everyone!

I'll certainly go that route considering it should fall well below the $2400 alternative.

Comment

Working...
              X