Expansion Tank Float Stick Length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expansion Tank Float Stick Length?

I go to fill up my coolant and the float stick is gone 😐 I don't see it in the tank, so this must be a PO special. Anyone wanna go measure how long the stick is, or how far down the water should be? Feels silly to buy a whole new tank just because of this. Found a bunch of info on the non-Ms, but couldn't find the M-stick-length.

If yours doesn't have the stick then knowing the length of the stick doesn't help you to set the correct coolant level. I would be asking for the level of the coolant measured from the tank brim at cold engine.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
      If yours doesn't have the stick then knowing the length of the stick doesn't help you to set the correct coolant level. I would be asking for the level of the coolant measured from the tank brim at cold engine.
      Check the OP, asked for both 😉 Anyway, I figure they'll be about the same, right? The float that attaches to the end of the stick is on the surface of the water.

Comment

OK, so you want to know the coolant level at minimum of the spec.

Comment

The float stick length is about 2.74 inches or 69.5mm.

Water level is slightly below the float and seems to be exactly 3 inches from the top of the tank hole.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X