Anyone come across Supersprint exhaust parts defective pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone come across Supersprint exhaust parts defective pieces

I took part of the the Supersprint group buy that happened over the summer. I finally got my parts a couple days ago after a ton of delays. I have been reading some posts where some members from the group buy have gotten some defective parts. Has anyone else received any defective parts? If so what parts?

I got: Stepped headers V1, catted section 1 for V1 headers, twin pipe resonated section 2, and a street muffler. Are there any parts or areas that I should be looking for defects?

I unfortunately will not be installing these parts until sometime next year. I don’t want to run into problems since there would be a lot of time that past since I received the parts and the install of the parts.

Just make sure it all mates up as it should like sec. 2>3. Look at the header flanges to make sure they are sitting flush, put the flanges on a counter top and see that they all make contact w/o significant gaps.

Beyond that you won't know much until you install them. Aftermarket parts can most definitely have fitment issues, even SS.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

I have not heard of defective parts being supplied, but one engine builder showed me a set of new V1 headers he just received and they still had metal chips inside...

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
        Just make sure it all mates up as it should like sec. 2>3. Look at the header flanges to make sure they are sitting flush, put the flanges on a counter top and see that they all make contact w/o significant gaps.

Beyond that you won't know much until you install them. Aftermarket parts can most definitely have fitment issues, even SS.
        So basically just try to connect parts to see if they fit properly? I was definitely going to do everything you recommended with the headers.

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
          I have not heard of defective parts being supplied, but one engine builder showed me a set of new V1 headers he just received and they still had metal chips inside...

Gesendet von meinem LON-L29 mit Tapatalk
          Yes, Supersprint as of late has been slipping and there are documented cases on here of Supersprint parts not fitting correctly.

Comment

Yup. 2018 GB consisted of turner sending me two shipments of the race muffler. Traded fitment problems on one side for the other. Just having a friend's fabrication shop fix it now at this point. Quality control has sadly gone down consistently over the years.
            2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
            2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

Yes, Supersprint as of late has been slipping and there are documented cases on here of Supersprint parts not fitting correctly.
              The problematic section are no 2s. Test fit it with your section 1 catted & section 3 muffler section to validate fitment.

See attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

The problematic section are no 2s. Test fit it with your section 1 catted & section 3 muffler section to validate fitment.

See attached.
                I got SSV1 non catted SS 1 and res dual SS 2, the PITA was sec 2 to scza, not fun. I think it may be worse if you get an x pipe if its not bang on.
                2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

In the process of installing my SS from the group buy; everything lined up really well except the EGT bung. It’s about 1/2 inch higher than I would like and I had a difficult time getting the EGT sensor into the bung because there’s not much space in that area.
                  After I finally got the EGT sensor into the bung, it did not insert completely so I had to remove it and take a picture of the bung hole (not easy). Either the bung is not centered over the hole or weld flux is partially filling the hole. Easy fix if I had checked prior to install but with the headers already installed, there’s no room to drill out the hole better.
                  It took a lot of extra unplanned time but I finally got it to fit. I may have damaged the EGT sensor, won’t know until I start it up.
                  Long story short, check all the bungs with a flashlight before you install. Everything else lined up really well - no complaints so far.

Comment

^Good point, thread chase all the bungs before install.
                    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

One of my SS Race mufflers had a decent size dent. Not visible once installed though so I didn't worry about it. Otherwise it wasn't a defective item.

Comment

Only thing I encountered was the section 1 catless pipes not slipping over the V1 headers. Grabbed a pipe expander from autozone and gave each section 1 3 expansions. Slipped right on after that. No issues with the headers or 2.5” dual resonated section 2.

Comment

So I did my first inspection of the parts how’s this for defects:

This is on the connection point of then muffler and section 2. The defect in the metal is on the muffler flange.
                          Last edited by bmw m3 s50; 11-17-2021, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Man what the fuck is going on with supersprint.

I should email those guys pictures of all the issues.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Massive disappointment after waiting for over 6 months to get these parts. The headers appear ok, but with these defects who knows if the bends are ok and the exhaust parts will clear suspension and chassis.

Comment

Working...
                              X