Recaro Sportster CS Mounting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recaro Sportster CS Mounting Question

I was wondering how people are mounting the Recaro Sportster CS seat.

Are the official Recaro sliders worth it? Where can you buy them in the USA? Do you need anything else to mount?

my experience running the sportster CS as a passenger seat below

first setup: recaro slider with MS swiss cheese mounts and MS OE seatbelt receptacle adapter
    this was a good and reliable setup but sat passengers really low. anyone under 5'4 would immediately note how low the seat felt. this could be good or bad depending on the preference of your passengers.
    total weight was also a slight annoyance, the seat and hardware setup broke the 50lb mark, not much weight savings for a seat so many people like to claim will drop significant weight over stock.

current setup: BK bottom mount adapters with OE sliders harvested from a stock seat
    this setup resolved the height issue i had, it comes with spacers to fine tune seat height but the best solution for me was to not run any at all (it still feels slightly lower than stock)
    it's a few pounds lighter than my previous setup, BK installation instructions and product fitment always require some headscratching, massaging, and repeated R&R to get fitment perfect in my experience.
    i'd recommend this setup but only to people willing to stalk their local junkyard for a clean set of sliders or are wiling to dismantle their own seats for the OE sliders

Last edited by usdmej; 11-17-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

So even these official Recaro sliders need a base plate?

ORIGINAL RECARO SEAT BRACKETS WITH SLIDERS FOR SPORTSTER CS / POLE POSITION SEATS. FIT FOR BMW E46 M3 AND X3. 2 SETS (for 2 seats).

Comment

If you don’t use OE/BK solution then yes, you have to use one of the base adapters from MS/VAC/bimmerworld etc.

I also use the stock mounts from the OE seats with the BK adapters. Mine are electric using an e30 forward/backward switch.

Comment

Originally posted by dog2bert View Post
          So even these official Recaro sliders need a base plate?

ORIGINAL RECARO SEAT BRACKETS WITH SLIDERS FOR SPORTSTER CS / POLE POSITION SEATS. FIT FOR BMW E46 M3 AND X3. 2 SETS (for 2 seats).

at a quick glance that package does appear to have base plates included in addition to the sliders (that square plate in the middle might also be a seat belt receptacle of some sort too)

try emailing the vendor to confirm

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post
            If you don’t use OE/BK solution then yes, you have to use one of the base adapters from MS/VAC/bimmerworld etc.

I also use the stock mounts from the OE seats with the BK adapters. Mine are electric using an e30 forward/backward switch.
            Do you mind if I ask where did you get your e30 switch from? They cost 60 bucks each which is ridiculous and I need 4 switches (2 front seats).

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_japan View Post

Do you mind if I ask where did you get your e30 switch from? They cost 60 bucks each which is ridiculous and I need 4 switches (2 front seats).
              There are much cheaper OEMs, I used the HT ones with no issues:

Comment

Is there anyone in Europe that can let me know how much they cost there?

ORIGINAL RECARO BRACKETS WITH SLIDERS FOR SPORTSTER CS SEATS, BMW E46 M3, X3

​I asked european auto source​ and they said only Europe and Japan dealers are selling them.

Comment

I ordered mine off Schmiedmann. It was still pretty expensive after shipping and customs.
                  2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                  2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Looks like Schmiedmann is a little cheaper but doesn't have inventory currently.

Are you guaranteed to have to pay customs?

Comment

I think it depends on how much stuff you get in a year. But I'm not sure.

If you're not in a rush they do go on sale. I caught them on a sale and paid $680 + shipping
                      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

They go on sale at Schmiedmann ?

Comment

Yeah they do sales a couple times a year
                          2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                          2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                            I ordered mine off Schmiedmann. It was still pretty expensive after shipping and customs.
                            The oem Recaro brackets and sliders to mount the CS seats the best choice here? Are the seats perfectly centered with the steering wheel? Do they allow adaption of the oem seat belt receptacle? I assume the seats sit lower than stock?

2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Dixis Spirit - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - YFCM - Ground Control - DMG Autosport - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Yes to all those questions.

You can also run the "Swiss cheese" mounting plates and universal Recaro sliders, I think you'd save maybe 200 bucks. But when talking about safety in a crash, IDK that saving 200 dollars is worth any potential risk or questionable craftmanship.

I know the Recaro rails and sliders are solid and made well, so to me it wasn't much of a choice.
                              2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Working...
                              X