Difference between TPS sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between TPS sensors?

I am replacing the two TPS sensors at the throttle body controller and side of the throttle bodies. Is there any difference between the Genuine BMW and VNE (OE) brands...besides about a $90 BMW tax? The look identical. Who has had experience with VNE?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...or-13637840383

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...la-13637840383
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

I had it on my previous m3 and no issues.
    06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
      I am replacing the two TPS sensors at the throttle body controller and side of the throttle bodies. Is there any difference between the Genuine BMW and VNE (OE) brands...besides about a $90 BMW tax? The look identical. Who has had experience with VNE?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...or-13637840383

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...la-13637840383
      VNE is fine. Buy from FCP euro and get the free replacements.

Comment

I think VNE makes it for BMW. But I have had VNE ones the last 25k miles and so far so good. Got it at FCP, and will swap it out preventatively.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek //M View Post
          I think VNE makes it for BMW. But I have had VNE ones the last 25k miles and so far so good. Got it at FCP, and will swap it out preventatively.
          Originally posted by eacmen View Post

VNE is fine. Buy from FCP euro and get the free replacements.
          I'm less worried about the money, as I am with the time it takes to replace the part. Particularly with the one at the TB controller. If the BMW version is known to be more reliable, I'll happily pay for it.
          2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

90% of the time it's the one at the front that's easy to access that fails anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
              90% of the time it's the one at the front that's easy to access that fails anyway.
              Good to know. Which brand do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Good to know. Which brand do you recommend?
                I'd probably just take the VNE. You can see they're both clearly manufactured by AB elektronic, and the BMW #s are just ground off.

Comment

I bought VNE for the one by the oil filter housing, and Genuine BMW for the one on the Throttle Actuator since it took a lot of effort to access. Don't have any issues with either almost 10k miles later.
                  '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
                  '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
                  '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
                  '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

You can’t go wrong wrong with VNE. Replaced both at the same time few years back. No problem so far

Comment

No difference. U can also use the ones from an E34. They don't list it as compatible but it is.
                      385.7whp 288.8 wtq :
                      -CSL airbox ( custom)
                      -280 272 Cat cams
                      -Custom SSV2, modified for a bigger collector
                      -Custom Section 1 2 and 3: oversized to 2.5 inch and en E9xM Xpipe
                      -TMS pullies
                      -Electric Fan
                      -HTE performance Tune :P

PM for performance Tunes

IG: https://www.instagram.com/hte_performance_tuning/

Comment

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
                        I bought VNE for the one by the oil filter housing, and Genuine BMW for the one on the Throttle Actuator since it took a lot of effort to access. Don't have any issues with either almost 10k miles later.
                        Originally posted by ArtiM3 View Post
                        You can’t go wrong wrong with VNE. Replaced both at the same time few years back. No problem so far
                        Originally posted by HassanEido View Post
                        No difference. U can also use the ones from an E34. They don't list it as compatible but it is.
                        Thanks everybody!

Comment

Working...
                        X