My new to me M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new to me M3

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hi and introduce my new to me M3 coupe 6MT. My daily driver is a new M340i that I love however I have always wanted a real M3. Well I found one at Porsche of St. Louis and decided to fly down from Chicagoland this past weekend and drive my new toy back home. Dealership was amazing and only took about 45 min to get me out the door. What should of took me 4.5-5hrs took two days. About 1.5hrs into my drive a ice storm hit Missouri and Illinois, cars were sliding left and right off the highway with a few that were flipped over waiting for help. Called my wife and told her I’m going to find a hotel and wait it out. I think it was a smart choice as the next day everything was salted and clear. Put her right into the garage and next day got her cleaned up. The car is a clean carfax and title 2001 black on black M3 Coupe 6MT with now 95,000. Had a full binder of service records with no costs spared. Only mods are a nice Supersprint exhaust and a AFE non oiled intake. Porsche checked the subframe and didn’t see any issues however I will be getting the reinforcement plates installed in the spring. Rod bearings were done at the dealership at 35,000 miles and I see a bunch of oil change records for every 3k miles. I will do a Blackstone sample on the next oil change and decide on the bearing replacement. I have attached some of the pictures when she was clean at the dealership. I’m excited to be part of the M3 community.

Congrats! Welcome to the forum and club.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Nice car! A real M3 indeed! Enjoy the ride!!

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
        Nice car! A real M3 indeed! Enjoy the ride!!

maw
        Thanks! I love the M340 however this feels way more special.

Comment

Congrats!!! Welcome Beautiful car!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post
            Thanks! I love the M340 however this feels way more special.
            Probably because it's naturally aspirated (instant feedback) and not so computer controlled. It's a real thing with new cars. Too much shit in between you and the car. There has yet to be a machine that can do what humans can. As close as we can get is, well, as close as we can get.

maw

Comment

Probably because it's naturally aspirated (instant feedback) and not so computer controlled. It's a real thing with new cars. Too much shit in between you and the car. There has yet to be a machine that can do what humans can. As close as we can get is, well, as close as we can get.

maw
              True. Im also excited to freshen up a few parts here and there. Im keeping it OEM+. Nothing crazy just want to make it as reliable as I can and enjoy it the way it is.

Comment

True. Im also excited to freshen up a few parts here and there. Im keeping it OEM+. Nothing crazy just want to make it as reliable as I can and enjoy it the way it is.
                Same here, more or less. My advice is get the interior bits while you can. Hoard those even. Some of them may need multiple replacements. Triple Black is a nice look though.

maw
                Last edited by maw1124; 01-12-2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Same here, more or less. My advice is get the interior bits while you can. Hoard those even. Some of them may need multiple replacements.

maw
                  The previous owner had one of the many receipts for over 4K. He changed all the plastic trim pieces, SSK + knob, Bavsound speakers, bought new genuine aluminum trim and even replaced all the pillars. Inside other than a small amount of wear on the driver side bolster is mint. And even that isn’t bad at all.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase, clean example!

Comment

Congrats! Looks nice and clean.

Comment

Welcome and congrats!

Comment

She’s a real beauty, congrats! If the rod bearings were done you can hold off a tad bit. You said you were going to do the black stone test so that should help you get a better understanding.

Do the subframe but also look into doing the vanos. I had my 01 M3 Vanos redone this year at 72k miles and the car is a completely different animal. Low end torque was completely restored.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Do I have the vanos replaced before I get a code? Car drives great however I don’t know anything about this platform other than what I have learned on these forums. Low end torque isn't great compared to my turbo charged cars. After 4-5k it feels great. Going to the dealer this Tuesday for the airbag recall. Should I have them check it?

Comment

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hi and introduce my new to me M3 coupe 6MT.
                              Nice car and it was well kept. Check the record if the vanos disk and cam sleeve bolts with Loctite were done.

Comment

Working...
                              X