FCAB press tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCAB press tool?

Anybody know where I can rent the CTA tool you use to press the lolipop onto the control arm ? Looks like eeuroparts no longer rents them out. Tried pushing them in with soap and water too but couldn’t get them on all the way.

CTA Tools 8920 Control Arm Bushing Kit - Compatible with BMW https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VX0SXSC...Z3QTYH8E5G5NP6
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

If you're willing to give it another go, I find protectant (e.g., 303) to be slicker than soap. If you wiggle as you push, they go on easier. Or you can spin around and pull them on. Just make sure to rock or wiggle them back and forth.

I also use fine sand paper or scotch pad to smooth out the control arm end before attempting install.

Sorry, no help in regards to the tool rental.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Sold by Amazon? Rent it from Papa Jeff.

Comment

try just the liquid soap alone, no water.

Comment

You have to play with it a little, tease it, get it nice and moist - and the control arm will slide right in

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalM3 View Post
            try just the liquid soap alone, no water.
            This

Comment

I’m in MD if you want to borrow it I have it. Makes the job much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                You have to play with it a little, tease it, get it nice and moist - and the control arm will slide right in
                Gotta start slow. Once it starts going in it gets easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  If you're willing to give it another go, I find protectant (e.g., 303) to be slicker than soap. If you wiggle as you push, they go on easier. Or you can spin around and pull them on. Just make sure to rock or wiggle them back and forth.

I also use fine sand paper or scotch pad to smooth out the control arm end before attempting install.

Sorry, no help in regards to the tool rental.
                  Thanks. I got the driver side on 90% but I need the lollipop to slide on another 2-3 mm more and I can’t seem to get it to do that so I think at this point I’ll need the tool since I doubt I’ll be able to get it back out by hand to apply 303 or liquid soap.
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                    I’m in MD if you want to borrow it I have it. Makes the job much easier.
                    Sadly I am in SoCal otherwise I’d take you up on that. Thanks !
                    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                      Anybody know where I can rent the CTA tool you use to press the lolipop onto the control arm ? Looks like eeuroparts no longer rents them out. Tried pushing them in with soap and water too but couldn’t get them on all the way.

CTA Tools 8920 Control Arm Bushing Kit - Compatible with BMW https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VX0SXSC...Z3QTYH8E5G5NP6
                      dont waste your money on the tools! just grab a friend and some mallets. soak it in soap and just start pounding evenly on both sides. the lollipop will be okay!

Comment

You can also get a large socket and a large hose clamp. Put the hose clamp through the arm and on the socket to push the bushing on.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

Sadly I am in SoCal otherwise I’d take you up on that. Thanks !
                          I'm in socal, with the tool. I PM'd you.

Comment

I like the hose clamp and socket. Maybe C Clamp and socket too.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                              You can also get a large socket and a large hose clamp. Put the hose clamp through the arm and on the socket to push the bushing on.
                              Have you actually done this? which type of hose clamp did you use? I feel like the hose clamp would snap or bend before the lolipop would go on all the way !
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X