Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supersprint "Stradale" vs "Sport" Mufflers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post

I just bought a Gen.2 Sport muffler, which came with 80mm 90-degree tips.
    My Race muffler had 80mm slash cut tips - very pronounced.
    That's weird. Maybe return it?
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Guys so I just unpacked mine from Turner. It has angled tips, but the body where sticker is has a dent... I do not care much but that will affect resale if I would like to get rid off it down the road. Should I call Turner and ask for some store credits? Or it is useless and then will not honor it? Recently I got entire exhaust from Europe an it was spotless...

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
        Guys so I just unpacked mine from Turner. It has angled tips, but the body where sticker is has a dent... I do not care much but that will affect resale if I would like to get rid off it down the road. Should I call Turner and ask for some store credits? Or it is useless and then will not honor it? Recently I got entire exhaust from Europe an it was spotless...
        It doesn't hurt to ask!
        Current: 2003.5 E46 ///M3 6MT - 2019 Ford Raptor 802A
        Past: 2015 F80 ///M3 6MT - 2006 E46 ///M3 6MT - 1999 E36 ///M3 5MT - 1991 E30 ///M3 5MT

Comment

K, if something is supposed to be "new," then I would say a dent is unacceptable. But how long do you want to wait for a replacement? Dents don't affect performance whatsoever, but the resale, perhaps, as you say, could be.

Comment

Not really unless it is a substantial dent.

Comment

Thanks guys. Will try to call tomorrow.

Comment

Just wanted to mention here that I am pretty happy with Turner/ECS. They asked a photo of the dent and offered an exchange or partial refund. Really glad they still care about customer service.

Comment

I just bought a Gen.2 Sport muffler, which came with 80mm 90-degree tips.
                  My Race muffler had 80mm slash cut tips - very pronounced.
                  Where did you purchase from? I actually love large 80mm 90 degree cut tips but had no idea Supersprint even made some that way!
                  Last edited by Good; 04-29-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Just wanted to mention here that I am pretty happy with Turner/ECS. They asked a photo of the dent and offered an exchange or partial refund. Really glad they still care about customer service.
                    Nice! Just gotta be a squeaky wheel sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Good View Post

Where did you purchase from? I'm actually really love the large 80mm 90 degree cut tips but had no idea Supersprint even made some that way!
                      You mean these? 😍

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

You mean these? 😍

It's funny how our mufflers were purchased from the same dealer, within months of each other yet have different sticker placement.

Comment

It's funny how our mufflers were purchased from the same dealer, within months of each other yet have different sticker placement.
                          Well it all comes to what you prefer: proudly handcrafted with every one has a little bit of an assembler soul, or all identical and precisely assembled by a soulless machine :-)

BTW, my sticker is all the way t the left :-)
                          Last edited by rbg; 04-29-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Where did you purchase from? I actually love large 80mm 90 degree cut tips but had no idea Supersprint even made some that way!
                            Mine came from Turner
                            TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Mine came from Turner
                              The picture you posted here makes it look like they are slightly slant cut -

;}

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1207 2.jpeg Views:	254 Size:	143.1 KB ID:	15623

Comment

^Yes, upon actually looking at the tips for longer than 3 seconds (before I posted initially), that is the case.
                                These are probably like an 80 deg angle, but far less slashed than my old race tips.
                                Sorry for the confusion!
                                TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X