Who currently codes the DME’s to CSL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who currently codes the DME’s to CSL?

So, I have a ZCP dme that’s tuned for aloha N, but I’m looking to go to a MAP/CSL tube. I’ve heard good and bad about Kassel, mostly that the wait times are months out, which I do not want to wait for.

Is there any state trustworthy* shop or individual that offers this service?

If you don’t want the flap you can do it yourself with mssflasher and Terra’s modified CSL file without even removing the DME. Couple pins on the wiring harness at the DME need to be switched around and added for the MAP sensor and IAT of course as usual.

Comment

Chasen I am disappoint

Where's Corey?
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        Chasen I am disappoint

Where's Corey?
        Texted him lol

He swore to me you need to ship it out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I used kassel.got the DME in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            Chasen I am disappoint

Where's Corey?
            “I wouldn’t recommend that method. It’s a hack and sketch. Could brick the dme entirely. Kassel told me a month ago the lead time was only a few days so I’d call or message him on Instagram and see if that’s still true.”

From C dawg himself

Comment

Corey must be thinking about the H bridge for flap?
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                If you don’t want the flap you can do it yourself with mssflasher and Terra’s modified CSL file without even removing the DME. Couple pins on the wiring harness at the DME need to be switched around and added for the MAP sensor and IAT of course as usual.
                This.

Unless you want the flap, just flash it.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post

“I wouldn’t recommend that method. It’s a hack and sketch. Could brick the dme entirely. Kassel told me a month ago the lead time was only a few days so I’d call or message him on Instagram and see if that’s still true.”

From C dawg himself

It's not likely to brick the DME. Even then, there's a way to unbrick it which at that point you've not really spent more money. I recently had to do a cluster, which is the gateway of the car. With Terra's modified CSL tune, I flashed my old file onto it, coded my instrument cluster, and coded the DME back to Terra's CSL. If something goes wrong with a module, you have less hassle.
                  This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                  https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

A guy on the UK Cutters M3 forum does it remotely if you don't need your DME converted to HP spec.

Regards

Comment

I'm looking for someone as well. I had my ECU converted to CSL software by Kassel. Everything worked fine, but I needed to flash back to an earlier hardware version for my State's Emissions. I had someone remote in put the U.S. spec tune on my car with an Alpha N tune but they couldn't do it. Fine, I'll send it back to Kassel and get them to bench flash it back to the original U.S. Spec then have the tuner remote in and put an Alpha N tune on it. I got a message from Kassel that they can connect to the ECU via OBD, but can connect to the chips so they can't flash it back. They said they had never seen this so I am looking for someone to try with their setup. It doesn't make sense. The car works fine.
                      2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
                      [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Check out Kassel Performance
                        E46 M3 LSB
                        F80 M3 Sakhir
                        F86 X5M Alpine

Comment

Chas3n, let us know who you end up using and what your experience is.

Kassel has too much negative feedback IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by fourmula1 View Post
                            Chas3n, let us know who you end up using and what your experience is.

Kassel has too much negative feedback IMO.
                            I’m going to have Hassan flash to CSL at the moment. There’s no good options to send out, unfortunately.

That said, I don’t have smog/inspection requirements, so if you did it definitely doesn’t sound like a good option.

Comment

In theory, could you buy an ECU off Ebay and have that ECU coded to your car? Would that cause any problems? Also, to extend that thought further, could you buy a non-HP ECU for a car that was originally fitted with a MSS54HP and work with that ECU if you had no intention of ever using the flap? I am at a f**k it point with a current issue I’m dealing with where it is fix the ECU or buy a trailer.

Edit: Could the “new” ECU be coded to the car remotely or would it require a bench flash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Fresh1179; 01-30-2022, 10:48 AM.
                              2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
                              [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Working...
                              X