Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clutch Fan Delete Help, Car starts getting hot in drive throughs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PHNX636 View Post

I cant post pictures since the car is taken apart right now for the engine build but when i get a chance ill take some pics of the parts and wiring separately and explain how I did it.
    Aweosme thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.wReckless View Post

Here's what I found after a quick search. Back in the day I seem to recall finding more around this, but like I said, it might all be hearsay. Anyways the link shows the DME having 2 maps for the AUX fan, one of which being speed related. Now whether that will affect the cooling is debatable, as I imagine doing 100mph you're pushing plenty of air through the radiators anyways.

Regards
      Mine shuts off @120mph

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Deleted stock fans, SPAL 2082 puller on the N15 aluminum brackets wired to the stock aux controller salvaged from my aux fan. Aux fan curve in the DME pushed to the left such that it’s 100% by 85C (iirc .. I can find this and post back).

You want the 2082 vs the 2049. The former has much better airflow numbers at higher static pressures (e.g. when mounted trying to force air through a radiator). It fits even though it’s thicker mounted to the driver side of the rad. Could be the difference between having problems or not I suppose since people don’t usually say, along with modifying the DME curve appropriately.
        I can vouch for this setup, have been running this exact setup last 6 years with 2082 spal and all of the same above accessories, on my heavily tracked car about 20+ days a season with original stock radiator condenser which now has 160k (not something I’m proud of, probably have to change it soon) but just to demonstrate how good of replacement or upgrade this setup is with no downsides over bs parasitic factory fan setup, car easily runs 25min sessions on tracks that have high 200ft + elevation changes without ever getting hot in the last 6 years. If anyone remembers for the og members crowd here I was the original 2082 spal tester and thread creator on the old M3forum about findings fitment of this particular fan on e46 M3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
        X