Oil filter housing thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil filter housing thermostat

After days of researching on the web, I can't find any part numbers or methods of purchasing the thermostat located in the oil filter housing. I daily drive my m3 to school and the 20-minute drives aren't enough to get my oil temp and water temp up to proper levels. Oil temp will stay around the first dot and coolant temp will fluctuate around the first dot as well. One suspicion I have is there might have been a Bimmerworld oil diverter valve fitted, along with a Wahler M motorsport 55degC coolant thermostat as it's recommended to upgrade both at the same time. With these two combined, the engine starts cooling down way earlier, which is not preferred for a daily driven m3. The coolant thermostat can be easily reverted to a stock 80degC unit, but not so much for the oil thermostat. The only reasonable method I can see would be buying another housing, but don't want to go that route since I currently have 68k miles. If there's any way to get the stock thermostat, I would like to hear about it.

2004 Jet Black/Impulse Cloth Slicktop

If you’re looking for #12 the part number is below.
    12 Oil pressure switch M12X1,5 1

Comment

You could easily change that just by pulling the filter out, I’m almost certain

Comment

Ah, nvm I see what you’re asking for. Not sure where to find part numbers for those parts individually

Comment

It doesn't come separately. I looked. Save yourself the potential trouble and just put a regular thermostat in first and see what happens. It may run quite a bit warmer.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
          X