Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL Exhaust manifold NLA (ECS)

Hello everyone,

I have been keeping an eye on the oem CSL exhaust manifolds for some time. For awhile they had one of them in stock with the word that they would be available soon. Now, NLA!

11627833500 Exhaust manifold, front and 11627833501 Exhaust manifold, rear NLA

I mean they're literally just Euro headers that are supposedly lighter.

There are many better aftermarket options at this point in time.
    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 BMW ///M3
    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
      I mean they're literally just Euro headers that are supposedly lighter.

There are many better aftermarket options at this point in time.
      Sure, I couldn't agree more.

However, I am just surprised that BMW has discontinued them. I guess our cars are getting old

Comment

Originally posted by MathewM3 View Post

Sure, I couldn't agree more.

However, I am just surprised that BMW has discontinued them. I guess our cars are getting old
        Sad truth man, once these parts get put into BMW Classic, we are all screwed.
        2005 BMW ///M3

Instagram

Comment

They look to not be NLA just not available to the US market, and we already are bringing the normal euro headers so I just dont see a benefit to these.

Comment

I can't get any European parts anymore. BMW said Europe stays separate parts wise. If it's a left over in the states, it's fine but if it's in Germany, they will not ship it. I waited a month for my CSL dipstick tube and stick. Parts failed to tell me that Germany cancelled the order 2 days after it was placed. It was disappointing because I had to give ECS my money. It made me feel dirty.
            This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Sometimes people want OE over aftermarket. Hence why OE CSL intake costs a fortune to secure. Which is why I have OE Euro headers and OE CSL cams over Schrick cams.

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                I can't get any European parts anymore. BMW said Europe stays separate parts wise. If it's a left over in the states, it's fine but if it's in Germany, they will not ship it. I waited a month for my CSL dipstick tube and stick. Parts failed to tell me that Germany cancelled the order 2 days after it was placed. It was disappointing because I had to give ECS my money. It made me feel dirty.
                Interesting, I didn't know this about the parts being shipped from Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by MathewM3 View Post

Interesting, I didn't know this about the parts being shipped from Germany.
                  Apparently this started in 2018 but there may have just been so many Euro parts in America that the stock is now dying out. I was able to order a CSL filter strangely enough.
                  This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                  https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I weigh the oe vs aftermarket argument for every piece I buy. There is no value in certain csl items for me such as this manifold, cams, camber arms, and such. At the end of the day, a csl is still a production car that has to meet a pricepoint and mass appeal while making compromises.

Regarding the headers, supersprint are superior in every way. CSL cams are a mild upgrade from Schrick (the oem) in order to meet production model goals. The lower control arms are lighter but still compliant for daily use.

I can understand why someone would choose oe csl parts. For my use case, and as an example, the above parts make no sense for me to purchase. I chose higher performance without sacrificing quality, and in some cases higher quality, without regard to cost for each of these instances. Your mileage will vary, however.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
                      Sometimes people want OE over aftermarket. Hence why OE CSL intake costs a fortune to secure. Which is why I have OE Euro headers and OE CSL cams over Schrick cams.
                      Homie you have a Dixis muffler.

LOL
                      2005 BMW ///M3

Instagram

Comment

Coulda had another 20whp with supersprint v1s and 280s or 288s
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I don't think he cares as he'll be selling his car right when the market dips after peaking.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

Homie you have a Dixis muffler.

LOL
                            euro headers and csl cams. muffler. i'll almost always change

Comment

Working...
                            X