OEM square setup - spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM square setup - spacers

I've just had my BC racing coilovers fitted and dropped the car to a nice ride height.

I also now run a square OEM style 67 setup with 265/35 tyres Avon ZZR all round.

The fronts have enough camber to clear the arches and cause no rubbing (not sure what the actual measurement is as not aligned yet)

The rears need a push with a spacer of some amount to look good. With a 12mm spacer they rub like mad, and with a 5mm still have some slight rubbing... (My arches are standard M3, unrolled)

Does anyone run the same setup with a rear spacer? Have you had to add extra negative rear camber to clear the arch?

What is your alignment setup of front and rear camber and toe?

Stock rear wheel is rubbing with only a 5mm spacer? Doesn't seem right.

Did you get an alignment?

Most people over the years have run 15mm/12mm spacers on stock wheels.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Stock rear wheel is rubbing with only a 5mm spacer? Doesn't seem right.

Did you get an alignment?

Most people over the years have run 15mm/12mm spacers on stock wheels.
      No alignment yet, it is as it was on my csl reps with 255/35/19

Yes I too am confused as to why it's rubbing. Maybe it's the 265 tyre, or I'm too low?

Comment

Is this the 19" wheel? I think they're 9.5" rear vs. 18"s 9". Stock is 255 tire like you had, but you wrote 265/35 above which is too tall. You're supposed to run 265/30 on a 19.

Problem solved. Now, if you maxed out camber with the stock arms, if not already, maybe you wouldn't rub (with 5mm spacer). With proper 255/35 or 265/30, you wouldn't rub with a 10/12mm.

Comment

Raise the car.

Comment

I ran square 67s with 265 RS3's and didn't rub at all.

Don't do what BC Racing recommends LOL

And FYI, I had no spacers up front, in the rear I ran a 12.5mm spacer to flush it out.
            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
            2005 BMW ///M3
            Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

The 265 sidewalls are fat on the 18x9 square setups. I ran the same setup and rubbed with any spacers in the rear. I also had rolled fenders. They always scrubbed the tab in the bumper. Id suggest rolling your fenders and getting in there to see where its rubbing and trim as necessary if you are dead set on running a more aggressive offset.

Comment

I already solved it guys lol. He's running 35 profile but should be running 30 profile. He could probably use more camber as well, but you have to start with appropriate tire sizes.

It's not the 265 width. I run a 265/30/19 tire with 10mm spacers on stock wheels.

Comment

I already solved it guys lol. He's running 35 profile but should be running 30 profile. He could probably use more camber as well, but you have to start with appropriate tire sizes.

It's not the 265 width. I run a 265/30/19 tire with 10mm spacers on stock wheels.
                  But Style 67's are 18 inches in diameter thoooooo
                  2005 BMW ///M3

Instagram

Comment

18s and 19s are both called style 67

Comment

18s and 19s are both called style 67
                      Petition to now call 18 inch Style 67's: Pre LCI Style 67's?
                      2005 BMW ///M3

Instagram

Comment

I don't see that the Avon ZZR is available in 19" so we must be talking 18" here.

Both 18" and 19" Style 67s were available pre-LCI, so that doesn't work. And they were both called M Double Spoke. We could say Cast Style 67 vs Forged Style 67 or Standard vs Optional, Ronal vs Fuch, or maybe 18" vs 19".
                        2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post
                          I don't see that the Avon ZZR is available in 19" so we must be talking 18" here.

Both 18" and 19" Style 67s were available pre-LCI, so that doesn't work. And they were both called M Double Spoke. We could say Cast Style 67 vs Forged Style 67 or Standard vs Optional, Ronal vs Fuch, or maybe 18" vs 19".
                          Damn you right.

Ok, I know what we must do.

OEM 18's vs. OEM 19's.

Or stock 18's vs. fugly 19's.
                          2005 BMW ///M3

Instagram

Comment

Oem 19s were the bomb if you were around back then speccing a new car. If you saw a brand new e46 rolling on the 19s it almost had a baby supercar status vibe about it. There were very few people who preferred the brake dust colored 18s which made the m3 look far more tame and 330ci like.

On a stock car, stock height 19s look superior and were available in Europe 6-12 months before the option was available here and almost everybody got them. People prefer 18s nowadays probably because of the baby lip running a square setup with spacers.

Offsets on both are horrendous and I'm not even in the lowrider poke club.
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Since people talking about wheel spacers: Everyone running wheel spacers should watch this video just to make sure there is no manufacturing tolerance issues with your spacers:

A quick PSA for anyone that runs wheel spacers for the street or track - this quick test could save you from a LOT of problems in the future, money from repa...

Not trying to be alarmist. Hub centric spacers are generally considered to be safe to run. However manufacturing tolerances and inconsistencies should be tested before running spacers.

Comment

Working...
                              X