Motion Control suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Control suspension

I did a search for motion control and didn't get any results. I'm curious what experiences people have had with their 2 way or 3 way systems and if they had any advice about them. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a set of 3 way remotes and I'm just looking for any info the forum members might have.

Thanks

Try searching "MCS" Few write out "motion control."

Asking people about suspension is futile imo. You're going to get all sorts of answers/opinions.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

They look pretty nice just by looking at them. Never tried them.

The only thing that concerns me is how much hose there is from the body to the reservoir. It's not really ideal. They're also pretty expensive, so it depends what you're after.

Comment

I have a MCS 2WR on my track-only M3. It would be considerable overkill on a street car (my street M3 is GC).

Per MCS - a MCS 3-way is for professional race cars that have a team suspension engineer to make constant thoughtful changes based on changing track conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
          I have a MCS 2WR on my track-only M3. It would be considerable overkill on a street car (my street M3 is GC).

Per MCS - a MCS 3-way is for professional race cars that have a team suspension engineer to make constant thoughtful changes based on changing track conditions.
          It is for a track car. What spring rates did you go with and did you wish you had gone with a different rate? Bimmerworld recommended 750 f 900 rear

Tbonem3 thanks I'll try that. Actually it says MCS is too short a term to search
          Last edited by Wernd; 02-25-2022, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post

It is for a track car. What spring rates did you go with and did you wish you had gone with a different rate? Bimmerworld recommended 750 f 900 rear

Tbonem3 thanks I'll try that. Actually it says MCS is too short a term to search
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Thanks! It hasn't helped me decide 2way or 3 way but it did tell me the spring rates I ordered from Bimmerworld are going to be ok on the street to and from the track

Comment

Lots of videos and info on 2 ways. Seems the 3 way are for race teams. I would go with 2 way unless you're a suspension rocket surgeon and know it all already.

Comment

More adjustment could mean better. Could also mean more room to screw it up. I've seen more people fiddle around with suspension knobs and never get it right.

Unless there is a reason, I would recommend 2 ways. I'd also consider any potential race or time trial rules you might run into in the future. I believe BMWCCA has some restrictions on remote reservoir suspensions in some classes.

Comment

I have 1WNRs with flat ride spring rates 450f/850r with a 30mm front bar and stock rear bar. I love them. Truly a high quality damper and even with reasonably high spring rates it feels very streetable. 1WNRs are great if you just want to set them and leave them. 2 ways give you more adjustability but I would steer clear of the 3 ways unless you really know what you’re doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
                      Lots of videos and info on 2 ways. Seems the 3 way are for race teams. I would go with 2 way unless you're a suspension rocket surgeon and know it all already.

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
                      More adjustment could mean better. Could also mean more room to screw it up. I've seen more people fiddle around with suspension knobs and never get it right. Unless there is a reason, I would recommend 2 ways. I'd also consider any potential race or time trial rules you might run into in the future. I believe BMWCCA has some restrictions on remote reservoir suspensions in some classes.
                      Ditto these comments. I went from older JRZ 2-way to MCS remote canister 2-way on my T1 race/track car. The MCS were more finely adjustable and a noticeable improvement over the JRZ. Three-ways seemed a bit overkill for me as an amateur.

Don't forget to upgrade the springs as well. My front springs were way to soft for racing.

Feff
                      Last edited by Feffman; 02-28-2022, 07:12 PM.
                      MVP Track Time

Comment

Working...
                      X