Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Exhaust Plate/Brace?

Hi,

When I bought my 2006 ZCP M3, I noticed that one of the exhaust plates/brace/hangers was missing from where I'm assuming one should be (see attached photos). I am wondering if I should have it replaced and if there are any problems/benefits to the stock exhaust if I don't replace it? Thanks.
    Attached Files

You're missing the one that does not interact with the exhaust. It does tie the underside together somewhat, so i would certainly replace it. I bet you can find one in a junk yard or ebay for cheap.

Part # is 18211436309 (both the one you're missing and the one still on your car is same part/#)
    Last edited by Tbonem3; 02-28-2022, 12:37 PM.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Thanks! Do you know what bolts I'll need to use if I order it online?

Comment

Its this bolt (x4)

Comment

Great, thanks guys! Any idea what the torque spec is for the bolts? I can't seem to find it on the pdf torque spec guide.

Comment

Do you want me to come over there and tighten them for you too?
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I've taken my front one off on purpose because it starts rattling, once exhaust gets hot. Especially the combo of oversized piping and weak (but new) rubber hangers above the second brace. I've even tried spacing it out with washers and/or blocks of aluminum. So yours could be "missing" for similar reason.

Second from the bottom sticky is the torque spec thread...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X