Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox Map Sensor Location

Hi All,

Has anyone tried connecting their map sensor from the starter cable bracket hole (pic as per below) of their Karbonius airbox?

Instead of tapping into the vacumm line in the ECU box, my mechanic installed a pipe connector (pic as per below) on the starter cable bracket hole and connect it to the MAP sensor with a rubber tube.

Just wondering has anyone done this before and will there be any potential issue with this installation?

Click image for larger version  Name:	airbox.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.2 KB ID:	157494

Click image for larger version  Name:	pipe connector.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.0 KB ID:	157495
    Last edited by i_love_japan; 03-06-2022, 10:05 PM.

I might be misunderstanding but map sensor needs to be in a location that sees vacuum I.e. downstream of throttles

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_japan View Post
      Hi All,

Has anyone tried connecting their map sensor from the starter cable bracket hole (pic as per below) of their Karbonius airbox?

Instead of tapping into the vacumm line in the ECU box, my mechanic installed a pipe connector (pic as per below) on the starter cable bracket hole and connect it to the MAP sensor with a rubber tube.

Just wondering has anyone done this before and will there be any potential issue with this installation?

Click image for larger version Name:	airbox.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.2 KB ID:	157494

Click image for larger version Name:	pipe connector.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.0 KB ID:	157495
      This will simply not work. You need to attach it somewhere BEHIND the throttle bodies, where vacuum is like digger said. Like in the airrail as OEM.
      …under construction.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll have it fixed asap. For some reason, the car still drives fine even though the map sensor is not connected to the vacuum line?

Comment

It will be driving in "pure Alpha-N mode" so to speak which does work fine most of the time. You also need to have the right ECU setup to use the Map sensor

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_japan View Post
            Hi All,

An alternative to splicing into the ECU vac line would be the Kassel adapter, which allows for "plug-in" into vacuum rail. This sort of mimics the OEM CSL vac rail, which had a specific port for the MAP sensor manufactured into it.

The Kassel Performance E46 M3 S54 CSL MAP sensor is the best option on the market. CND'd in US and uses the OE Bosch MAP Sensor (included). In stock!

non CSL (2nd picture)

CSL (4th picture )

Ive been running it a little over a year
            2003 Stahl Grau on Imola Red E46 M3 / 1992 Brilliatnrot E30 318iC Vert
            @ JT_E30

Comment

Working...
            X