Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbag Light - SRS Module bad?

Hey everyone,

Airbag light popped up on the dash. Used BMW Scanner 1.4 to check for codes, but no faults currently present.

Two faults showing up as NOT currently present, one of them being F0 [240] Internal control unit fault.

I was able to capture the live data from the SRS module, which shows everything seems to be working as expected. Kind of stuck at this point, anyone had the same issues?

Is it possible the F0 [240] fault causing this issue even though it’s not currently present?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would clear and rescan when the light returns. It's weird it says your car doesn't have OC3. Must be a really early model
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Try clearing the code. If you cannot, then the module is bad. Luckily it is pretty easy to source a used one and reprogram it.

Last edited by Lavatoad; 03-08-2022, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
        I would clear and rescan when the light returns. It's weird it says your car doesn't have OC3. Must be a really early model
        Yep it’s an 11/01 build. Codes won’t clear, airbag light is constantly on. Looks like the module is bad

Comment

Originally posted by Lavatoad View Post
          Try clearing the code. If you cannot, then the module is bad. Luckily it is pretty easy to source a used one and reprogram it.

Had a feeling this was the case since the codes won’t clear. Any insight into the replacement and reprogramming process? Can it be done through BMW scanner?

Comment

Originally posted by angads14 View Post

Had a feeling this was the case since the codes won’t clear. Any insight into the replacement and reprogramming process? Can it be done through BMW scanner?

You can find used modules on eBay, or your used parts site of choice. The same airbag module was used in most every bmw from that era. I recently replaced mine with one from an X5. Once you replace the module, you will have to reprogram it. I used guides on e46 fanatics.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I have one in my bin o’ parts. If I do its yours just pay shipping. PM me if you are interested and Ill make sure I still have it.

Comment

Mine went bad. Unable to reprogram it because the BMW computer couldn't communicate with it. Found one on ebay from an M3 with the same spec. You just need to make sure it has the same airbag configuration (coupe, no rear side airbags usually) and it will plug in. No coding needed. Otherwise you can just find any one and have it coded because it's a generic part.

edit: After reading, I am unsure if what I said is totally correct. But what I do know is that SRS light went off and stayed off for some years now so I guess it is fine?
                Last edited by cobra; 03-08-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavatoad View Post
                  You can find used modules on eBay, or your used parts site of choice. The same airbag module was used in most every bmw from that era. I recently replaced mine with one from an X5. Once you replace the module, you will have to reprogram it. I used guides on e46 fanatics.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
                  Awesome, thank you for the links. Reprogramming seems easy enough.

Does the replacement module need to have the same P/N as the one currently in the car?

Comment

Originally posted by angads14 View Post

Awesome, thank you for the links. Reprogramming seems easy enough.

Does the replacement module need to have the same P/N as the one currently in the car?

For reference the op has a different part number on his airbag module. This is the one I pulled from my 2004:

Comment

Working...
                    X