Porsche calipers other than 996

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche calipers other than 996

Has anyone tried 981 calipers on the E46 M3?

I have a line on Boxster Spyder calipers from a 981. I think the stock rotors are 350x28mm front and 330x?? rear. If I can get the calipers cheap enough, then I need to see if mounting brackets for a 996 or otherwise will work. If not, then I have to get a CSL or similar rotor and see about prototyping a caliper bracket.

Anyone try F30 M Performance brake rotors?

996 gt3 calipers with e92 m3 discs 👌🏻

Comment

To follow up, it looks like the bolt spacing on the caliper is pretty standard on most of the Brembos used by Porsche. Now I just have to figure out the rotor offset and a few other things.

So no one has done this?

Comment

Originally posted by t44tq View Post
        To follow up, it looks like the bolt spacing on the caliper is pretty standard on most of the Brembos used by Porsche. Now I just have to figure out the rotor offset and a few other things.

So no one has done this?
        I doubt anyone has done a 981 conversion. It's not really needed with all the other conversions. What makes the 996 conversion so attractive is the price. Mine cost under $2000. $500 for CSL Rotors, $550 for calipers, and about $400 for everything else. You won't find that on any other genuine Brembo conversions worth doing. I can almost guarantee the 996 custom brackets will not fit for a 981. I do believe the bolt are also a different length. If I still had access to PCSS, I'd do some research but I ditched Porsche for BMW a while back.
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
        X