Plug under rear seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug under rear seat

I was swapping my fuel pump today and saw there is an unused plug on that side. Anyone knows what it is for? Is it unused?

Three wires; light blue, red and brown.

Speaker in the door card?

Comment

It’s was used during shipment to maintain the battery.
      Google “e46 connector under rear seat”.
      06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

I should have googled!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
          It’s was used during shipment to maintain the battery.
          Google “e46 connector under rear seat”.
          Does this imply that its a potential 12v source to tap into?

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Does this imply that its a potential 12v source to tap into?
            I can check tonight when I get home if there are 12v there, but I doubt it. This is what I found online:

"As of model year 2002, a number of electrical functions in the control units will be deactivated in the control units to protect the vehicle battery during transport.
            The transport mode will be set during production of the vehicle and it has to be deleted before the vehicle is handed over to the customer.
            Activation of the transport mode via the BMW diagnosis system is not intended.
            The transport mode is deleted using the service function т€Delete transport modeт€ in the BMW diagnosis system.
            Important:After deletion of the transport mode, the defect code memories of all control units must be deleted using the 'Quick delete' function.
            The transport mode will be gradually introduced as of model year 2002. The precise scope of deactivated functions is to be taken from the Service Information applicable in each case.
            Via the service function т€Delete transport modeт€, all the control units in which the transport mode can be activated or will be capable of activation within the course of the next development cycles will be involved. It is irrelevant whether the transport mode is really activated."

Comment

Nice, thanks for posting this! When I had removed my rear seats bench I too noticed that loose unused plug on the passenger side. At first I was worried it was something the previous owner had unplugged and since I couldn't figure what it was I was about to make a similar thread asking about it. Glad to see I can disregard it
              2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
              Instagram
              Youtube

Comment

Working...
              X