RIP Raj from Beisan Systems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Raj from Beisan Systems.

I just saw this online. I hope it’s just a hoax. Raj was an asset to our community. He will definitely be missed 😢

Moderator edit:
    Born the fourth of eight children in Kuwait City, Kuwait to Jordanian parents, Edward and Georgette Qubain, Rajaie was also raised by his maternal grandmother, Zahiyeh. Rajaie immigrated to the United States with his family as a young teenager, and lived in Washington, D.C. area. An accomplished Boy Scout and trombone player in his high school jazz band, Rajaie always worked hard and played hard, and was loved by his peers for his energy, intelligence, and good spirit.

At George Mason University, Rajaie was such a good student that other Arab students would bring him food and take care of him so he could focus on helping them with their school work. After obtaining double degrees in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Rajaie went on to become an accomplished computer programmer, and worked with his brother Munther at his company, R. Scott Associates in Raleigh, NC.

As a young man, Rajaie maintained the enthusiasm for the outdoors that he had developed in the Boy Scouts while also playing an active role the Arab American community of Raleigh, from cultural events to activism for Palestinian liberation and against the war in Iraq. In his thirties, Rajaie stepped away from his work to devote five years to the loving care of his mother Georgette before she passed away. In the years that followed, Rajaie committed himself to the study of automobile engineering, and in 2007 founded Beisan Systems LLC (a tribute to his mother’s home town in Palestine), selling redesigned and improved BMW engine parts to enthusiasts and mechanics. Rajaie loved his work, and he continued to grow the business and develop new products until he fell ill with COVID in December, 2021.

More important than Rajaie’s many accomplishments is the tremendous joy that he brought everywhere he went. Rajaie loved to bring a smile to people’s faces, and it was not possible for him to leave a public venue without making at least a few new friends with his over the top goofiness, lavish compliments, and generosity. He loved children, and they loved him back – especially his nieces and nephews. Rajaie saved his sincerest efforts and tenderness for his close family and friends, to whom he was utterly loyal and endlessly generous. He was never far from his siblings, always living either with them or a few minutes away. For the past five years he has lived with his sister Lama in Celebration, Florida, where he enjoyed spending time with family, taking long walks, and observing wildlife.

Opinionated and stubborn, Rajaie was nonetheless usually the first to reach out after a disagreement. During tough times, he listened, empathized, and did whatever was needed to make his loved ones feel truly seen and supported. During good times, he was always the center of the party, keen to get the biggest laughs and give the best gifts. Rajaie believed in people, and led with his heart in all things.

We miss him dearly but his memory will always be alive.

Rambunctious, strong, and loud, Rajaie was always hard to miss. We all miss him now more than we can say. Rajaie is survived by his siblings, Munther, Reem, Samir, Lama, Samar and Hibah, and their families.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AMG LOL; 03-09-2022, 06:38 PM.

Lets wait for some kind of confirmation from a more reliable source, I'd hate to put the horse before the cart on something like this. Agreed that Raj has been a long time asset, I was reading threads from over a decade ago giving him accolades.

Comment

No. Say it isn’t so. He was such a nice man.
      Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

No way...

I was just exchanging e-mails with him a short time ago and he was very active on upcoming BMW projects. Such an amazing guy, thoughtful, and helpful.

Waiting for more info...

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
          Lets wait for some kind of confirmation from a more reliable source, I'd hate to put the horse before the cart on something like this. Agreed that Raj has been a long time asset, I was reading threads from over a decade ago giving him accolades.
          https://www.funerariasanjuan.com/obi...?obId=24165350

Comment

I guess it is true. Read this.

Attached Files

Comment

This is terrible. I remember talking to him on the phone back in 2015, I read some misleading information about locking both cams. He said: “you and your wife hold hands sometimes, are you worried that you hold your hands the same exact way? No, one cam pin at a time”. He answered all of my stupid questions via call and text, calm and assertive.

Condolences to Raj’s family and the BMW community for this monumental loss.
              Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Shit 😥

I never met him in person but I am really feeling this one. Rest in peace Raj. I wish we could send something to his sister he was living with to express our gratitude and condolences.

Comment

My sincere condolences to his family. He will be missed.

Comment

Terrible news.

RIP Raj, you will be greatly missed, he helped me over the phone at length which seems to be the norm, what a shame.
                    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                    Instagram

Comment

Wow man this sucks. I helped Raj a little in the mid 2000s when he was developing some parts and when I reached out to him a couple years ago he remembered and thanked me.

What a tragic loss.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Well that is really unfortunate. As others have said he was always very helpful and willing to spend the extra time for enthusiasts, hope he knew how much that was appreciated.

Comment

Rest in peace my friend.

Comment

Very sad, rip.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Oh man, he did pass away. Rest in peace Mr. Qubain, he was a big advocate for the Palestinians. A shame we lost him in the community.

Comment

Working...
                              X