No announcement yet.

Turner Motorsports customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCP customer service has been great to me. I’ve gotten to keep a couple reasonably expensive parts when they mistakenly sent duplicates and on the rare occasion I receive the wrong part they always overnight a replacement.

Comment

I feel like I must be extremely lucky. I've bought probably 5k to 7k in parts from ECS and probably 2 to 4k in parts from FCP over the last few years and never had a single issue with timeliness, shipping, returns, or support. I do not buy ECS/turner brand parts.
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Looking at my order history, I've had 21 orders with ECS over the past 3 years (about $5k worth of stuff) and have not had a single issue.

Comment

I too bought a ton of parts from Turner / ECS before I really caught on to FCP. Never had one issue but why would you not buy from FCP with their policy and their customer service is always good.

I'll say that Turner really soured me with their airbox and essentially funding development with prepaid customer orders then delivering a shit product anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

FCP is a bit more expensive but you can get a 10% discount code (and a bunch of other stuff) by being an Avants member.

Comment

I recently purchased the Turner RTABS as I received as a few gift cards for Christmas to Turner.

I managed to damge 1 bushing upon installion and asked if I could buy just 1, they told me no but they could sell me another set for $160 (vs. $240) and free 2nd day air.

The replacement set unfortunately came damged from the factory so they over-nighted me another set.

I have mainly been on the phone with them in the AM and live chatted mid-afternoon and had no issues with their customer service whatsoever.

It was funny to hear them answer the phone once: "ECS Tuning...sorry, Turner Motorsports how can I help you?"
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

I had a really bad experience with ECS after years of buying parts from them. Short version, I had to pay for "return shipping" even though they sent the the wrong part. Pathetic !!

I am now a customer at FCP.

Comment

BimmerWorld is always my first stop, then FCP. Turner/ECS are the absolute worst. There's a Facebook group with like 18 thousand members dedicated to how bad they are lmao. My worst story was missing hardware and very slight damage / fitment issue from the SuperSprint group buy. They didn't do shit to help me. I think it took them over 30 days to even reply to my email, which was sent from the guy who does the group buys and supposedly had a direct line to their customer service. Not his fault, but still that's pretty fucking pathetic.

edit: yup it was October 29th all the way to December 28th before they replied
                  Last edited by Nate047; 03-12-2022, 11:31 AM.
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I've had good service from both**

You need to find a way to get the actual email of a customer service rep for most of these companies to get moving.

They otherwise all function on a ticket system where whoever is punched in at customer service picks a number from and works that ticket with optimized automated messages as much as possible.

The second you step out of their usual processes you're in the abyss. It makes continuity and building an actual relationship with any one of these companies difficult.

It's the way this industry is going with ever increasing pressure on supply chains and expected price points & delivery times.
                    1. RockAutos cuts on the user experience, little marketing budget and limited service to offer rock bottom prices.
                    2. FCP banks on their warranty to support word of mouth marketing and a slightly higher price point.
                    3. Turner/ECS bank on high marketing spend, pricing, accessibility and higher margins on unique aftermarket & branded parts.
                    4. BimmerWorld private labels a bunch of parts to maximize margins and fund their race team. It's at the core of their business.

They are all very far from being Amazons of this world: you would all be stunned at the outdated legacy software these companies run.

They've all been massively hit by labor shortages and it's a problem that compounds against our asks from these companies.

It's something I'm trying to improve with Connex Plus where not only would we get deals on everything - but also, hopefully, improved service as we bunch up & share precise data to buy whatever we need and want for our M cars.
                    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 03-12-2022, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Guess I've been lucky. Had an issue with my last order being stuck in 'warehouse transfer' or whatever status it's called. Got someone pretty easily on the phone and the order was out the door next day.

Ordered my exhaust from ECS as well. Original item was backorderd and the date kept getting pushed out. Again, called and was able to get someone who updated my order and issued a refund with zero hassle. 🤷‍♂️

I will give +1 for Bimmerworld. Multiple orders from them with zero issues.

Comment

I just support my local small business (EAS) but I can understand if you're not close to a great shop as the majority are not.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

i've been trying to buy their hybrid camber plates for more than a year now and have figured out that their ETA on it is always

(current date) + 6 months

Comment

I like FCP. They’re pretty easy to get ahold of with chat. The first set of main bearings got loose in the package and scratched up so they rushed me two more without any hassles. The third time they arrived undamaged. I believe it was a problem with glyco’s packaging rather than FCPs fault. They always do a good job with packaging.
                            IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

Originally posted by Mspir3d View Post
                              I like FCP. They’re pretty easy to get ahold of with chat. The first set of main bearings got loose in the package and scratched up so they rushed me two more without any hassles. The third time they arrived undamaged. I believe it was a problem with glyco’s packaging rather than FCPs fault. They always do a good job with packaging.
                              Definitely, I love how they bag up fluids, especially that stupid expensive diff fluid.
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

Agreed, never any problems with FCP, they are my go to but there are things they don't carry hence the reason for trying to go to Turner. I just gave up on Turner and won't be returning to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X