Karbonius Carbon Fibre Stock S54 Plenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
    Yes. They have now a ring. I had mine replaced under warranty and the new one fixes all the issues.
    Would you happen to know of the ring is pre installed or we have to put it on?

Also, on a more direct note to your situation, I’ve been reading your posts on both the csl intake and this solution. What do you think is the sound difference between the two? Is the volume similar to the csl intake with the eventuri intake and CF oem plenum? Is the tone the same?

Comment

Man, i want this intake plenum so bad lol. I have eventuri intake, but must take care of RACP reinforcement first, then inspect and address Vanos. Maintenance before mods...
      Last edited by elrichmeister; 04-12-2024, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post

Would you happen to know of the ring is pre installed or we have to put it on?

Also, on a more direct note to your situation, I’ve been reading your posts on both the csl intake and this solution. What do you think is the sound difference between the two? Is the volume similar to the csl intake with the eventuri intake and CF oem plenum? Is the tone the same?

Is already installed.

no, the sound is similar in nature but tone and volume are different. The volume is not as loud and it is a higher pitch, not as gutural and deep as the CSL. I added the sound generator to increase the volume in the cabin and it is still very special, but not the same.

if I had to do it from scratch but knowing what I know, I think I would still do the MAF setup. You can read the mapping thread of some gurus from here that will agree with me that finding a good map is tough, and that is knowing that on my platform there is a very good option, but beating the MAF setup is a challenge.

Comment

For anyone interested on how it sounds outside of the car.
          -Karb oem box
          -eventuri intake
          -euro headers
          -oem section 3

**Also in my case when I experienced the leaks, Karb had me send back the box on their dime so they could reseal. At least that’s what I thought, instead they gave me a new box entirely with the new anti slip ring attached.
          Last edited by JDMaflac; 04-12-2024, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X