All-season Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
    I got stuck on the PA turnpike on thanksgiving weekend the first year I got the S55 in 40* sleet with my family asleep and truck drivers tripping… never again… that was the end of summer tires for me.

maw
    To observe the obvious - Thanksgiving isn't summer. Summer tires for ~3 seasons. I change over to snows on Veteran's day.

All-seasons are a compromise all the time. I like traction all the time.

Comment

Forget that previous post. lol

Decided to buy local from the shop. Plus, I didn't have the DWS 06+, I just had the DWS 06 - which they don't make anymore. So, if I'd bought the single from TireRack, I'd have mis-matched rears.

So I ended up buying two rears of the DWS 06+ from them so I'd have matched rears. I asked about the Michelins and they were just... outrageously expensive. Like... $750 plus alignment and stuff. I almost went with 4 new tires but the fronts are still in great shape - they're practically new. The BMW complimentary inspection I got before my trip out here shows hardly any wear on them. TireRack didn't have any availability on the Michelins until May.

-sigh- Well, that was $600 I wasn't planning on spending, but... Such is life I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
        To observe the obvious - Thanksgiving isn't summer. Summer tires for ~3 seasons... I like traction all the time.
        Clearly... the car came with summers and I hadn't yet changed them... that was my learning experience... I'm not changing tires for seasons... I have plenty of traction all the time.

maw

Comment

Run the AS4s on my E46 sedan. Phenomenal tire, wouldn’t do anything else on a daily driver.

Comment

Interesting thread. I'm thinking about what to do next. When I bought my M3 in 2014 it had brand new Conti DWS tires. I would not have put ASs on, but I wasn't anxious to buy new set after shelling out for car. Fast forward almost 7 years, tires still look great and only have 16K miles on them. It's been nice not having to worry about cold temps, but I have Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my M5. So thinking it might be time to go summer on the M3 and see if I can feel a difference.

Also thinking about going +1 or +2 on my comp wheels. But very limited tire size avails for 235/35 265/30, more at 245/35 275/30. Big TireRack fan and won't shop anywhere else.
            Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Working...
            X