Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blower Motor Replacement. Need assistance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blower Motor Replacement. Need assistance.

My heater blower stopped working recently so I replaced the FSR behind the dash. The brand new OE FSR didn't help so everything I read pointed me to the squirrel cage blower motor.
    I'm trying to replace it with a new unit and I'm struggling with removing the blower housing:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	blower_cover_2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	162217

The concave extension that juts out on the back is snagging on everything. I can't seem to wiggle it out from either the driver/intake manifold side or from over the beauty cover--it catches on the blower housing regardless of how I try to position it.

Name:	IMG_1258.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	162216

Are there any DIYs specific to the M3? There are a ton for the e46 non-Ms which seem to have much more clearance over the intake manifold. TIS instructs to remove the manifold but the cover is snagging on the housing first--I don't see how removing the manifold will help in removing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2002 M3 Coupe 6MT

Man, this brings back bad memories. I removed that rear firewall and the side ones. Take the beauty cover off and never put it back on unless it's for a car show. You're going to be forcing it out along with the blower motor. I did it without removing the intake or wipers, however it was a major struggle. Here are the actual instructions. There is no easy answer. It specifically says take out the intake for the S54.

Name:	Screenshot_20220406-211036_Chrome.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	162222

Name:	Screenshot_20220406-211118_Chrome.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	162221
    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal