Quick convertible trunk structure question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick convertible trunk structure question

My question is whether anyone knows if these uprights (circled in red in wide angle pic) do anything other than provide support for the vert top storage compartment? I had DMG make me a semi-custom Sport R rear brace for my convertible last year to clear the vert top storage but I need to remove these supports to install the brace.

I think cutting the welds (bottom circle of individual support pics) would let me bend it enough to install on the strut top, worst case cut at the line across the top to remove completely. If it's important I'll get someone to weld a support back but didn't know if anyone had any ideas already.

I have a sub box currently that I need to remove the middle of the brace for pass through/space for the box until I get a new one made to fit with the brace. Just curious if anybody has any better info than my guessing.
    Attached Files

Based off some responses in a M3 FB group, looks like I'm shelving this until I put the car away for winter or find someone to weld supports back in after removing these pieces. If you weld and are in Central Ohio, PM me and I'll make a trip.

Comment

Working...
    X