Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint costs? Front end

Hey guys,

I’m looking around for quotes on repainting my front bumper, hood, and fenders.

I’m being quoted around $3K.

Does this sound reasonable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Depends, like anything. With inflation, I can't say $3k is too much.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

$3k is very reasonable for my area in NY

Comment

Got quoted $1700 for front bumper, hood, and fenders in NJ a couple months back.

Comment

Without knowing exact details all of this isn't very useful. Exactly what is being painted? Blended? Prep details? Panel condition? What is being removed? Replaced? OP didn't list location either which as everyone knows dictates cost as much as anything.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Assuming its your front bumper needing a respray along with the hood rock chips and fenders are just being blended to keep it looking correct, then the $3k is slightly high, but not too far off for a quality job depending on location. If you need actual repair work...

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
              Assuming its your front bumper needing a respray along with the hood rock chips and fenders are just being blended to keep it looking correct, then the $3k is slightly high, but not too far off for a quality job depending on location. If you need actual repair work...
              You know of any shops in Texas that are good and capable of respraying the front end without fucking up 20 different things?
              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

What color is the car? Makes a huge difference.
                2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 BMW ///M3
                Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I had a quote from the best body shop in Vancouver. $4140 Canadian to paint hood,bumper,front fenders. In USD is $3250.That was to fix rock chips, and paint hood,bumper,and fenders. I’m going ahead with this and will get it done next November and let it dry for a month and then get the PPF installed as I don’t drive it in rain or snow. Anyway that’s my 2 cents. This shop will not work on a car that is 15 years old but mine is in pristine condition so they will work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

You know of any shops in Texas that are good and capable of respraying the front end without fucking up 20 different things?
                    Eh no, no I do not. However, the clear coat eventually gave up the ghost and failed on my rear bumper after several years of daily duty a decade ago and my front bumper was chewed on by my parents blind and deaf cockapoo (or whatever mix plus poodle he is) with an extraordinarily heightened olfactory it seems, after he managed to chase a squirrel up on the passenger side. So, I’m having both resprayed and I am 💯 confident I won’t be happy with the results, with TiAg being one of the more difficult colors to match, but I am confident it will still be better than it is currently.

I think I’m paying roughly $1500 for both, so I’ll let you decide if it’s decent and then I’ll tell you where I had it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i was quoted 2500 -3K last year by a 2 seperate reputable shops here in Massachusetts completely stripping down the paint and repaint hood front bumper and both fenders. Alpine white by the way. I also just got a quote in Rhode Island last week and it was 2K for the same work and hes been painting a bunch of M cars as of late and its been flawless perfect matching paint jobs. I will most likely go with the 2K quote from Rhode Island as it really comes down to have less overhead in this situation.

Comment

Texas is huge narrow it down to w/in 5hrs. I would look for shops that specialize in restorations.

Comment

(null)
                          Picked up the M3 about an hour ago, I’ll give it a 7.5/10
                          Paint match is pretty good for TiAg, which is really really difficult when you’re only painting bumpers and not blending into the body. Paint is laid a little too thick for my taste, but for what I paid and the hood/fenders still having 20yr old factory paint and imperfections that hasn’t seen a detail job in 5 years, they did a good job.
                          Overall happy with it for what came out to under $1200. Everyone’s favorite detailer here in Houston also takes his vehicles here as well, so just depends on whether you’re willing to pay. They even re-cleared the ill fitting busted CF diffuser, which was unexpected, I had planned to bin it, but I suppose it will live on till a mile end composites replacement comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These prices seems crazy to me. I had my brand new Mile end csl bumper, my rear bumper, both side skirts, and hood sprayed last year for just under 2k CAD at BMW’s body shop. They actually re-sprayed the bumper 3 times because they weren’t happy with the color match.

Comment

Berli's in Pflugerville. I've used them a couple of times a lot of years ago. They did VERY good work. Never found one defect in the paint, put stuff together, etc. Never had to do a re-work.

But they will probably be around $3000.

Comment

Working...
                              X