New supersprint prices are ridiculous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New supersprint prices are ridiculous.

Got an email from ecs about 15% off sale. Catted section 1 went up $1000. Now it’s $3223. Glad I got in on the 1st connex deal when I did. Thanks Epoustouflant for the deals you’re bringing us.

That's not ridiculous, that's what $2400 is now.

When you print funny money, this is what happens.

If your income and/or investments increase at a rate as high or higher than inflation, then things aren't actually more expensive.

For anyone saving or on fixed income or 3-5% raises, then you're poorer.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

a different take would be

- E46 M3 parts are not Supersprint's cash cow. there's no incentive to lowering prices/having a sale just so they can sell a few more products a month/year. it's also the most likely reason why they don't host their own group buys and you need 2-3 parties involved to get one going.
      - Raising their prices incrementally doesn't really affect the demand for their already expensive products. ie. someone that is thinking about buying a set of catalytic converters for $2500 will probably still want to buy it for $2900.
      - while there is inflation, rising materials costs, and italian politics involved, imo that's secondary to the reasons above for the consistent price increases from Supersprint

Comment

Yikes, $8k for the full set up! https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...-race-exhaust/

Just buy the non-catted Section I, and get some GESI HFC's...and done.
        Last edited by stash1; 04-20-2022, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
          Yikes, $8k for the full set up! https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...-race-exhaust/

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
            yeah, I was thinking about what to do if/when the cats in my euro section 1 die (i think they're already rattling) and cutting out the old cats and putting in new HFC would be the most cost effective solution rather than getting the Supersprint catted section 1.
            "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
            ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post
              Got an email from ecs about 15% off sale. Catted section 1 went up $1000. Now it’s $3223. Glad I got in on the 1st connex deal when I did. Thanks Epoustouflant for the deals you’re bringing us.
              If your looking at the Turner website, I think the non stepped catted section 1 is $3223. The stepped catted section 1 is $2887. I assume most people order Supersprint stepped catted section 1 to match the Supersprint stepped headers for maximum performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                That's not ridiculous, that's what $2400 is now.

When you print funny money, this is what happens.

If your income and/or investments increase at a rate as high or higher than inflation, then things aren't actually more expensive.

For anyone saving or on fixed income or 3-5% raises, then you're poorer.
                Preplanned global inflation starting with raw materials which the cost of hasn't actually change much and if anything demand has gone down.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

If your looking at the Turner website, I think the non stepped catted section 1 is $3223. The stepped catted section 1 is $2887. I assume most people order Supersprint stepped catted section 1 to match the Supersprint stepped headers for maximum performance.
                  Ya those stock style 55mm flanges must cost $500 on their own

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Preplanned global inflation starting with raw materials which the cost of hasn't actually change much and if anything demand has gone down.
                    Careful now

Comment

Ya those stock style 55mm flanges must cost $500 on their own
                      Your damn right, do you have any clue how many people have given their lives in the production of those flanges. 😁

Comment

Careful now
                        don't let the mods catch you slippin

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post
                          Very true - when that opportunity came up with MPower, I jumped on it. I have a great relationship with Turner / ECS, I understand this might put a a ding in it, but at the end of the day I'm about owners first.

As an example, the GB saves you about 3,800$ US from new MSRPs of the complete catted systems. That's Cancun money!

Comment

I am just in awe that I paid $1350 for SSV1's shipped two years ago direct from ECS.

LMFAO
                            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                            2005 BMW ///M3
                            Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                              I am just in awe that I paid $1350 for SSV1's shipped two years ago direct from ECS.

LMFAO
                              i hate you
                              Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                              Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X