BuildJournal Rad Duct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BuildJournal Rad Duct

Anyone using this radiator duct? Any measurable drop in temps?

I installed it. I did a review thing on it. I loved it, but you have to commit to deleting the aux fan, which isn't much of an issue if you a running a pure track car. You have to make some changes to the stock bumper grill insert to install some protective mesh and trim the bumper grill insert. If it is for a pure track car, I highly recommend it, if you are in the camp where you are willing to delete your aux fan. I had temp problems that cut sessions short, and I was always staring at the temp gauge (for too long) on the track prior to installing it, now I have some peace. No temp problems since installing it.

Edit: I would do your research before deleting the aux fan and make an informed decision if that is the direction you want to go. There are conflicting opinions on this as you probably know. I don't want to suggest one is better than the other. This forum loves cooling battles.
    Last edited by Fresh1179; 05-06-2022, 03:56 PM.
    2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
    [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh1179 View Post
      I installed it. I did a review thing on it. I loved it, but you have to commit to deleting the aux fan, which isn't much of an issue if you a running a pure track car. You have to make some changes to the stock bumper grill insert to install some protective mesh and trim the bumper grill insert. If it is for a pure track car, I highly recommend it, if you are in the camp where you are willing to delete your aux fan. I had temp problems that cut sessions short, and I was always staring at the temp gauge (for too long) on the track prior to installing it, now I have some peace. No temp problems since installing it.
      Thanks. Have you deleted the A/C condensor as well?

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Thanks. Have you deleted the A/C condensor as well?
        Yea, I did. I completed some front end weight reduction at the beginning of the year and the A/C was a part of it. The condenser removal was hands down the most annoying part. I was feeling lazy and didn't want to remove the radiator to do it the "proper" way. If you remove the torx screws at the top of the radiator, loosen the rubber retainers, remove the coolant overflow tube, you can lift, jockey and tilt the radiator back (I had to remove spal fan for clearance) to remove the condenser from the engine side of the radiator support bracket, without having to remove the bracket. I believe I put a jack under my oil cooler to stabilize and support the radiator.

I purchased this relatively cheap mesh off of Amazon and used some black zip ties to attach it to the stock bumper grille to retain a more stock like appearance. https://www.amazon.com/AggAuto-Spoil...NrPXRydWU&th=1
        Last edited by Fresh1179; 05-07-2022, 04:17 AM.
        2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
        [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Working...
        X