Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GroundControl Street Camber Plate Adjustment

Hi everyone,

In attempt to install some new wheels that require -3 degrees of camber up front, I am trying to adjust my GC Camber Plates that are already installed. However, I cant seem to get them to budge at all. Three strut tower nuts have been loosened , wheel off and trying to get them to budge by using a long screwdriver as leverage. Am I doing something wrong?? Is there something else I should be doing??

Thanks in advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220508_175508.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	166953
    Attached Files

Assuming, you’re going to do one wheel at a time. Put the car Back on the ground. Take off the strut brace and the mounting off the strut tower. Put the screws back on, tighten but do not torque - make sure you catch a couple of threads. Slide the jack under and begin (safely, with wheel chucks, on the flat surface, etc. etc.) lifting a side of your choosing; as you feel the wheel lifting off the ground, stop. Now grab the rim spokes near the top and put it at the desired angle; if it doesn’t budge, loosen the top nuts a little more. Put the car back on the ground, install the mounting hardware and the brace.
    Last edited by 02_lsb; 05-08-2022, 04:48 PM.
    Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Working...
    X