Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What else to change during starter replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What else to change during starter replacement.

Hi guys , my daily M3 has reach almost 180k miles. I am planing to change starter soon, because few times I couldn't start it right away. I already bought starter, 2 throttle body sensors, camshaft sensors . I also plan to clean throttle body and idle control, what else you recommend ? Thanks for all advices

Water because you’ll be crying a lot. And maybe the ICV hoses if they’re cracking.
    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

If you're going in from the top, you may need some intake manifold runner clamps.
      otherwise, clean up the connections to the starter and coat them to retard corrosion.
      I disconnect the small intake to sump pipe, at the sump before I remove the intake.
      Last edited by FBloggs; 05-13-2022, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FBloggs View Post
        I disconnect the small intake to sump pipe, at the sump before I remove the intake.
        Yes to that. Also...

FWIW - I cleaned my ICV and the intake manifold side of the throttle bodies recently and didn't notice any changes. My car still bumbles a bit at idle when cold (it's not severe, it's barely an issue). I'm second guessing my choice to clean the ICS instead of replacing it. It's expensive...that's why I was hopeful cleaning it would have some positive impact.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRanger View Post

Yes to that. Also...

FWIW - I cleaned my ICV and the intake manifold side of the throttle bodies recently and didn't notice any changes. My car still bumbles a bit at idle when cold (it's not severe, it's barely an issue). I'm second guessing my choice to clean the ICS instead of replacing it. It's expensive...that's why I was hopeful cleaning it would have some positive impact.
          I had similar problem, then I changed all spark plugs and ignition coils and this issue disappeared.

Comment

Working...
          X