Brey Krause rear deck Harness mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brey Krause rear deck Harness mount

I want to run harnesses in both seats. Does anyone know if I need one or two of these kits?

Im really hoping I don't need two.

One.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post
      I want to run harnesses in both seats. Does anyone know if I need one or two of these kits?

It’s a great option if you want to retain access to rear seats. I’m running similar style setup to brey Krause which I made myself, as brey Krause is great but way overpriced at $400 for simple brackets which are about $30 worth of material and some basic skills took me Saturday afternoon to make mine. Just throwing it out there not to deter from Brey Krause as it is great option for someone doesn’t have capabilities marking them, just think there are better ways of allocating $400 into the M3 if you have the means of making them yourself😁.

Here’s what’s involved: in making them:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

in BK's defense they did have "independent lab" testing done to make sure that setup would be safe in an accident

not sure exactly what that entailed but its fair of them to bake that cost into their asking price

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

It’s a great option if you want to retain access to rear seats. I’m running similar style setup to brey Krause which I made myself, as brey Krause is great but way overpriced at $400 for simple brackets which are about $30 worth of material and some basic skills took me Saturday afternoon to make mine. Just throwing it out there not to deter from Brey Krause as it is great option for someone doesn’t have capabilities marking them, just think there are better ways of allocating $400 into the M3 if you have the means of making them yourself😁.

Nice dude!
          2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

I'm not sure I'd say what you did there is directly comparable-- their center mount points are gusseted, so they don't stretch in a crash.

Not to say you couldn't do that at home, too.

Plus their (actually $360) kit includes the passenger side, a lathed part/tool for locating your rear deck holes, and a CNCed reinforcement plate for the passenger inboard mount point.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I'm not sure I'd say what you did there is directly comparable-- their center mount points are gusseted, so they don't stretch in a crash.

Not to say you couldn't do that at home, too.
              Yes your right but their gusset center mounts are made far less thinner steel from pictures looks like 14 maybe 12 gauge therefore needed to be reinforced because they indeed would stretch in event of crash , I used 3/16 inch thick steel which far thicker and stronger in event of a crash, there would be a higher probability of the whole mount with load bearing being ripped out of the shelf then that actually stretching. Even if it did stretch if you encounter that much of a pulling force your car is totaled anyway, so stretching would be that last thing you need to worry about, one thing safe to say it would definitely not brake off.

Last edited by Radekxpl; 05-23-2022, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Do the rear headrests need to be removed in order to run these mounts, or do the headrest bars not get in the way of the shoulder straps?
                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                  Do the rear headrests need to be removed in order to run these mounts, or do the headrest bars not get in the way of the shoulder straps?
                  You can still run headrests, I just removed mine cause of weight savings 😁

Comment

You can still run headrests, I just removed mine cause of weight savings 😁
                    Haha that’s fair. Thanks.

Another question. Anyone know what the four silver bars on top are for? The BK installation instructions don’t mention them, and they seem a tad too long to be lap belt mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

Haha that’s fair. Thanks.

Another question. Anyone know what the four silver bars on top are for? The BK installation instructions don’t mention them, and they seem a tad too long to be lap belt mounts?
                      https://www.ecstuning.com/b-brey_kra...ar/r-1246~brk/
                      Does are for harness if your belts are to short, some harness have shorter harness belts then other shcroth happens to be just the right length. So does are useless

Last edited by Radekxpl; 05-23-2022, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Does are for harness if your belts are to short, some harness have shorter harness belts then other shcroth happens to be just the right length. So does are useless

Ooh okay. Thanks for your help! They seem kinda sketchy, but thankfully Schroth harnesses will work fine without them.

Comment

Yes your right but their gusset center mounts are made far less thinner steel from pictures looks like 14 maybe 12 gauge therefore needed to be reinforced because they indeed would stretch in event of crash , I used 3/16 inch thick steel which far thicker and stronger in event of a crash, there would be a higher probability of the whole mount with load bearing being ripped out of the shelf then that actually stretching. Even if it did stretch if you encounter that much of a pulling force your car is totaled anyway, so stretching would be that last thing you need to worry about, one thing safe to say it would definitely not brake off.

Their gussets and brackets are 7 gauge— so same thinkness as yours, but also gusseted (so only stronger).

I pull test seats weekly at my job (seat design engineer). It takes remarkably little force to straighten an ungusseted bent part like you’re using.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post

You keeping stock seats? Why not use quick fits?

Comment

I have Nogaros

Comment

Working...
                              X