Dynavin N8 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spearmin View Post
    problem here is that Dynavin stops at Android 8, which is nearly obsolete. Pretty soon you will not be able to use the newer apps.
    Yeah, they've made a definite decision to get off that software development train. They very consciously decided they want to be a stereo company with phone connectivity, not keep up with every new app that hits a phone that some may want to access in a car. That second one is a long winding road to zero profitability -- that's the mobile software business, not the car audio business. And Dynavin can't / don't want to compete in the mobile software business. Remember when people were installing iPad's in their dashes? Yeah, but um... No. None of these companies have the capital to successfully compete in the mobile software business (which to be clear, as a mirroring device, is the business they'd be in).

Dynavin has chosen the car audio business, which is exactly the choice I would selfishly have them make. I wanted someone to compete with Sony and Alpine for this car (which they COULD win), not someone to compete with Apple or Google (which they certainly would NEVER win).

maw
    Last edited by maw1124; 07-11-2022, 03:53 PM.

Comment

The avant 4 is a total piece of crap. I have wired apple carplay, thinking id get the carplay and charging in one shot. What a fool i was to think it would work. Then, i tried to return it because the bluetooth has terrible static as well and thats another deal breaker. Was told to try this and that and refund wasnt given. This was after 5 days. So, their 30 day no questions return is also a lie. To be clear, i didnt buy it to run all the crazy apps with wifi and all that bs. Its basically a fancy mirroring device, and it cant even do that consistently.

i wouldnt give this thing to the taliban

The company is hot trash and their product is proof

Comment

Working...
      X