Repair bent wheels or buy new ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair bent wheels or buy new ones?

Hey y’all, it’s been a while since I’ve been here and I wanted to get some advice from people since this just happened to me. I went to a tire shop to get my APEX EC-7s new tires and they showed me that 2 of the wheels were bent or warped by an impact. These wheels were actually traded by someone that drifted with these wheels so that was my mistake. The damage doesn’t look too bad so I was wondering if I should get them repaired or just replace them.

If you’re just driving the car on the street, rim repair these days is quite safe. Find a reputable shop.

However for track use where you routinely hit kerbing at high speed I would not recommend wheel repair.

Comment

Let me gaze into my crystal ball to see how bad the bends are...

Apex are not classic or rare or or special, not worth going the distance to save. Especially if they've been hooned into a wall/curb/etc...
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Aluminum is not resilient and doesn't like to be bent. Probably shouldn't do it again. What do they road force at?
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I had an Apex ARC8 with a mild bend in it and it was cheap to fix and works perfectly.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

If you bought these new APEX will sell you replacements for 50% off. Check their site for details.

Comment

It depends what you mean by bent.

I see your location is in the Bay Area. I have used Pacific Rims for bent wheels in the past, I highly recommend them. They will let you know if they are worth saving.

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Working...
              X