Tire rubbing in rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire rubbing in rear

I need new tires in the rear, got a flat . My tires rub mostly on the driver side rear going over bumps, it's sounds like its hitting on the outside of the tire hitting the fender. Suspension is koni shocks with dinan springs. Tire size is 275/30/19. If I go with 255 will it still rub, or 265. I have 245 up front. Or could this possibly be a alignment issue?

Stock wheels? 275 should not rub with stock wheels unless the camber is way off in the rear. 255 will not rub, but the speedo and DSC might have issues with the 245/255 setup.

Comment

I need to get tires before alignment. I mean I like the look of 275 in the rear. So im thinking of getting 275 and do a alignment. What about 265?

Comment

Offset matters too, but 275s can get close to the fender. Shave the inner lip on the rear fenders and you wont have to worry about tire rubbing on fender.
        2004 Jet Black/Impulse Cloth Slicktop

Comment

My 275/35-18's on 18x10et25's rubbed on the fender at full compression at -1.5 degrees of camber. At -1.7 degrees they don't rub.

Check your wheel offset
          Check your alignment
          Replace your bump stops to keep it from compressing so far upwards.

Comment

Definitely a wheel alignment issue. I see you’re in NYC so I would recommend Intrack wheel and tire in queens for an alignment.

which wheels do you have on your car? Maybe the offset is aggressive?

Comment

I have the oem style 67, 19 inch rim.
              What if I go with 265 tire, will that work good with the 245 in front? I forgot to mention the car has spacers all around, not sure how much mm spacers.
              Last edited by M3powerzz; 07-07-2022, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X