Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Cooler overhaul services closer to East Coast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Cooler overhaul services closer to East Coast?

I'm looking to send my stock oil cooler for a overhaul refresh service, and was considering Pacific Oil Coolers as I read alot of great things about them. But with the increased cost of shipping in general shipping an oversized package round trip from South Florida to California and back is not looking very cost effective (initial quote was over $100..). I tried searching for companies that do similar overhaul services closer to me or at least on the East Coast and came up empty handed. Looking to see if anyone knows of any other companies on this side of the country, or have used/recommended any others? Thanks
    2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
    Instagram
    Youtube

Fwiw I just took mine out, soaked it in degreaser, and then used a steam washer. Good as new and no more debris in it.

Comment

Any machine shop with a dunk tank can do it.

Comment

Yeah that is true, but the overhaul service that Pacific provides also repairs any bent or damaged fins and mine has quite alot of them 😅 They'll basically have your stock cooler looking like factory new. Along with that, the service also includes a bunch of other tests and checks they do (which granted may be overkill for an automotive oil cooler compared to the aircraft ones they usually deal with).

2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
        Instagram
        Youtube

Comment

Working...
        X