X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust solution

Hello group good to be back on a forum, been years

Sorry ….it’s a exhaust question(s)

I recently upgraded to megan racing headers and the rest is stock. First car I have gone catless with. Of course tuned the car and I expected it to be smelly but at times it feels very strong in the cabin and also with the ac on.. exhaust leak? And with the rasp increasing I have been thinking about resonated sec 1 or 2. I know everyone always does sec 1 typically but what is it like to leave sec 1 and only change sec 2?

Happened to find this deal, seems suspiciously cheap, wondering if this is good brand and about the sound ?
    Apologies ahead as I’m not sure about forum rules if we can post links..

Please see the DNA Motoring exhaust disclaimer and warranty information below Fitment Information BMW M3 E46 3.2L (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)  Specs & Features Designed to be a bolt on system (might require some modification for a perfect fit.  See below for more information) Dyno Proven to Ins

Not much of this brand on yt beside sec 3

You removed the only thing that cleans the exhaust on your car and now you're wondering why it's "smelly"?

Comment

^Have you seen my name?

Comment

Just how catless cars are, I used to smell it on my clothing for hours/days after.

Once you have the nose for it you can tell who's catless at meets/cruises too lol.
        Last edited by E46 M3; 07-17-2022, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Make sure you turn recirculation on but other than, there should be no smell with the windows up. There's a good chance there's actually a leak.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

^ thank you that’s what I was trying to find out . The cars been catless since Jan so I’m used to it and can handle it with windows down but it’s annoying to still smell it with window up so I’ll just go ahead and upgrade. Any opinions welcome on the DNA motoring brand… ?

Comment

Catless is a real man's cologne
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

You don't want that trash. It is the epitome of Chinese garbage. Nothing but fitment issues and the metal will rust like you drive down salted roads even if you live in FL. That price is a rip off. Also, what gaskets did you use on the headers?

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                  You don't want that trash. It is the epitome of Chinese garbage. Nothing but fitment issues and the metal will rust like you drive down salted roads even if you live in FL. That price is a rip off. Also, what gaskets did you use on the headers?
                  Ya I had a feeling :/
                  Had shop install them with new oem hardware
                  Is yonaka decent ?

Comment

Just weld an AR20 in section 1.
                    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by m3fool View Post

Ya I had a feeling :/
                      Had shop install them with new oem hardware
                      Is yonaka decent ?
                      Yonaka is the same crap, different seller. Avoid cheap exhaust parts. Literally, the only anomaly is the Megan Racing headers. They were cheap to buy while being basically AA headers. I'm pretty sure they stole the design making them actually good quality. Megan Racing is generally junk. Believe me, I'll say a dollar here and there but I traveled that eBay header road once. Never. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                        Yonaka is the same crap, different seller. Avoid cheap exhaust parts. Literally, the only anomaly is the Megan Racing headers. They were cheap to buy while being basically AA headers. I'm pretty sure they stole the design making them actually good quality. Megan Racing is generally junk. Believe me, I'll say a dollar here and there but I traveled that eBay header road once. Never. Again.
                        What about the Megan mid pipe?

Many states are more stringent on exhaust modification laws and to pass SMOG. FIT: BMW E46 M3 01-06 MODEL. WARRANTY POLICY WRONG ITEM - If item is defective. PROCESSES AND SERVICES. -Most of our auto parts are design for US/Canada vehicle.

It also looks rather cheapish and is giving me "real man's cologne" vibes. But with stock US headers that are ultra clean, will I come out with a clean smelling Honda tone? Sec 2 and 3 will remain stock. Looks like I might actually lose midrange power from the lack of a proper crossover.

maw

Comment

I may be the lucky one of this group, but when I dabbled on the catless side of life I never smelled it with the widows up. Ever. For whatever that's worth.

Comment

Flame suit on, but why do people put shite parts on this car? I don't spend other's money and I"m not judging, but damn--this is a legacy car, and there is minimum cost to play here, and to put junk on it just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
                              Flame suit on, but why do people put shite parts on this car? I don't spend other's money and I"m not judging, but damn--this is a legacy car, and there is minimum cost to play here, and to put junk on it just doesn't make sense.
                              Maybe they paid 5-6k for the car and it's a beater?

Comment

Working...
                              X