Section 3 suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 3 suggestion

Hello gents, I got Megan catless headers and yonaka dual res section 1, the car sounds like a Honda now but the butt dyno is feeling better. What section 3 would go good with this setup to make it sound better… preferably without breaking the bank
    edit: So if let’s say the limit to spend is 1k$ what would you guys buy?
    Last edited by m3fool; 08-08-2022, 06:41 PM.

Supersprint Race

Comment

Originally posted by m3fool View Post
      Hello gents, I got Megan catless headers and yonaka dual res section 1, the car sounds like a Honda now but the butt dyno is feeling better. What section 3 would go good with this setup to make it sound better… preferably without breaking the bank
      Was that you I met at the gym the other night? And you were asking about exhaust?

Comment

Status Gruppe SCZA. To limit the Honda noise you could look at installing an AR20 resonator(s) in your section 2. I had a pair but took one out because they were actually overly effective and muffled the car a bit.
        E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Originally posted by SL Blak Soldier View Post

Was that you I met at the gym the other night? And you were asking about exhaust?
          Hey bud!

Originally posted by Boost View Post
          Status Gruppe SCZA. To limit the Honda noise you could look at installing an AR20 resonator(s) in your section 2. I had a pair but took one out because they were actually overly effective and muffled the car a bit.
          i haven’t heard of ar20 on section 2 … I thought ppl mainly did it on section 1.

Comment

SCZA (if in stock). If not, expect to wait a million years.

Comment

You might want to look into Supersprint's muffler selection for a refined sound.

Comment

I'm curious as well.... I had a megan section 3, which sounded good... But then I added megan catless headers, which made the car drone and just overall too loud and raspy. I hoped to correct this by adding an AR-20 to section 1. It was still too loud so I swapped the stock section 3 back in. Now the car is too quiet!
                I may look for a supersprint section 3 if I can find one for a decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by M3mike View Post
                  I'm curious as well.... I had a megan section 3, which sounded good... But then I added megan catless headers, which made the car drone and just overall too loud and raspy. I hoped to correct this by adding an AR-20 to section 1. It was still too loud so I swapped the stock section 3 back in. Now the car is too quiet!
                  I may look for a supersprint section 3 if I can find one for a decent price.
                  Very Interesting! have people had any luck modifying the stock section 3 I wonder?

Comment

Very Interesting! have people had any luck modifying the stock section 3 I wonder?
                    Debaffling Stock 3 does this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and I think it hits the sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprp85 View Post

Debaffling Stock 3 does this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfbZ...ist=WL&index=6

and I think it hits the sweet spot.
                      Your not lying

but if the limit I’m willing to spend is 1k what would you guys say is the best to buy around that price?
                      Last edited by m3fool; 08-08-2022, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Here’s a sound clip, I think maybe a supersprint un resonated section 2 should help bring up the rasp a bit

Because if I only get a section 3 it wouldn’t change this sound correct ? It would only make it louder?

Comment

Your not lying

but if the limit I’m willing to spend is 1k what would you guys say is the best to buy around that price?
                          Get two of these

Install them in section 1 and grab a scza. Thank me with the like button.

Comment

Don't bother
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

i haven’t heard of ar20 on section 2 … I thought ppl mainly did it on section 1.
                              Yeah I meant to say 1 but you've got that section squared away. Im running stock headers so perhaps resonators wont be effective for you beyond that.
                              E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Working...
                              X