• maw1124
    replied
    Not an E46M but… https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1...%20blast%20car

maw

Leave a comment:

• tlow98
    replied
    Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
    THIS will be interesting... interior swap...

maw
    eek. Those seats wreak of fake leather and don’t fit that well.

I don’t think I’d pay mid teens for this with someone else’s money…

Leave a comment:

• maw1124
    replied
    THIS will be interesting... interior swap...

maw

Leave a comment:

• maw1124
    replied
    From Haggerty today…

German cars

As with many of the other indices covered in the Hagerty Price Guide, the German Car Indexposted no meaningful movement in the last quarter of 2022. The index had been on the rise for five consecutive publications, reaching all-time highs earlier in 2022. (NB: We update our price guide quarterly.) Many of this index’s component cars represent the upper echelons of the German collector market which, like other high-end vehicles, experienced little to no movement this publication.

Not reflected here is the continued movement of lower-priced German classics and “youngtimer” cars. While high-end cars like the 300SL Gullwing tracked steady, the more affordable R129 (1989–2001) Mercedes-Benz SL320s gained 17 percent. Likewise, the 2002tii may have not moved, but BMW Bavarias shot up by 27 percent, and Isettas by 13. [maw EDIT: I consider E46M cars here.]

With such sharp rises in collector car values since late 2020, it is probably best to keep in perspective that sharp gains often turn into fast drops. The fact that it has not occurred in the German slice of the collector-car market is promising, at least for the immediate future.”

maw
    Last edited by maw1124; 01-30-2023, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oceansize
    replied
    Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Valid notes for sure. This is still a very niche car, you can't generally just go buy one like an M3. In the last 10 months (4) cars sold for $37,500 or higher, even some market correction seems to be not the whole story considering that delta IMO.

What critique do you have on the presentation? Not arguing, just genuinely curious.
    Remember I said "wasn't great" so it wasn't bad either.

Look at the exterior shots for this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-66/

Now that was ridiculous (stupid) money for that car but the exterior shots definitely helped it's cause along with COVID.

But given the wagon's age and history I would have detailed it better including the underbody, really in particular the underbody. Then I would have replaced the headlight lens covers with fresh ones, cleaned the drivers side weather floor mats and pedals, better yet I would have never taken pictures with all weather floor mats but purchased a fresh set of fabric original floor mats. It is likely I would I would have paid a professional photographer for quality exterior photos as well. I know this all trivial stuff but remember the BAT crowd is "oooh shiney". They can be spooked easily. Now how much all the stuff I listed helps, I don't know. Market is down, its winter, the owner has a non dry climate car with a wreck. Look at ra2fanatic's car that was on BAT recently. Man we all know that car went for far too little money. People had better be careful with listing modified/conversion cars on BAT right now and if they do things need to be tip top (like ra2fanatic) to eek out whatever you can.

Personally I'm glad that the owner had a decent reserve and it didn't sell.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X