Schmiedmann Headers = SuperSprint 63.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
    Wonder who makes these cats. Certainly they’re not HJS, right? They look much smaller than the HJS cats SS uses.

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...46M3#gallery-5
    Handmade in Italy, so take a guess

Comment

The link you added is the same product others saw. They're not stepped. They look like reps of the ss long tubes, but if you confirmed that they're made by SS then that's fantastic, for $700.

They're not 63.5mm or 2.5" though, only stepped are. They're the typical 55mm at the end.

I swear, in the last 2 years. I saw actual stepped headers sold with a schmeidmann plaque, hence my kirkland remark.

Their site is hard to navigate. I can't find them now. I also remember a kirkland street muffler and sport muffler, but now I only see sport.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Tbonem3 I confirmed before ordering that they are 63.5

I also stated that the pictures my not represent the actual product. I will confirm after I receive my order and update this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by lvm3sm46 View Post

Handmade in Italy, so take a guess
          No, I’m talking about the cats themselves. They’re not the HJS cats that come with the SS sec 1.
          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I also stated that the pictures my not represent the actual product. I will confirm after I receive my order and update this thread.
            That would be great, but I'm dubious. There's no reason for them to use the wrong picture. Further, where is the listing, then, for their non stepped headers?
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

The pictures on that listing show their plaque with the exact SKU linked to this specific product.

Additionally, all Schiedmann products made by Supersprint are clearly marked and described as such on their website.

I would push them for more validation.

I can tell you this pricing is 100% impossible for stepped, TIG and made by Supersprint.

Comment

Tbonem3 I cant delete the thread, my apologies.

As for everyone questioning it, I confirmed with Schmiedmann that their 63.5 headers are made by Super Sprint.
                super good pricing if true!

this concerns me from their listing tho

" you have to cut of part of the pipes on the catalyst, and then weld the new adapter pipes on the catalyst!"

hopefully it's full bolt on

Comment

Ok I am just going on what was told to me when I am emailed them before ordering. I went back and forth with them but for all I know they could be blowing smoke up my ass. I agree the pricing is suspect.

Like I said, when they arrive I will update the thread. I cant confirm anything until then.

Comment

Ok I am just going on what was told to me when I am emailed them before ordering. I went back and forth with them but for all I know they could be blowing smoke up my ass. I agree the pricing is suspect.

Like I said, when they arrive I will update the thread. I cant confirm anything until then.
                    Nice - I’m tuning in. Hopefully it’s a positive surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

That would be great, but I'm dubious. There's no reason for them to use the wrong picture. Further, where is the listing, then, for their non stepped headers?
                      To add to the confusion... The shorter header has different runner/flange placement than the super sprint non stepped headers and the AP/fabspeed copies.
                      Attached Files
                      Garage:
                      2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                      1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

OP, wondering if you've gotten the headers and been able to confirm sizing. my AP just cracked (bank 2 collector has a clean break) and for ~$750 shipped seems like a steal over finding a set of OEM euros. my only question is whether it'd fit with the OEM section 1.

pic of header failure. explains why car was running like shit.

Attached Files

Comment

Waiting for a positive surprise, where are you OP? There were a couple of Euro headers for sale here, I was tempted but if these are bolt on AND stepped, it's really a no brainer in my case.

Drafted out my bolt-on modifications list so I'll begin collecting parts soon, hoping these are the real deal Holyfield.

Comment

Any update? I'm local and currently in the market for some headers so wouldn't mind coming to check it out !
                            2006 Alpine White/Black ZCP 6-Speed

Join the E46 M3 Owners FB Group HERE

Comment

Paging lvm3sm46

What's the word brother? I PM'd you
                              2006 Alpine White/Black ZCP 6-Speed

Join the E46 M3 Owners FB Group HERE

Comment

So I received them and they were not 63.5 they were 53.5 and the guy that told me they were 63.5 no longer works there. So they are going back this week. They are sending a return shipping label. I will say they looked phenomenal though and that catted section too. If I wasn't selling the car I would definitely keep them for the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X