Interesting S54 Teardown Video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting S54 Teardown Video.

We teardown this failed S54B32 to find out why it failed. We were quite surprised with what we found.Check out our website: https://www.brintechcustoms.com.au/

what do you think about the cylinder 1 history?

The cylinder head looks like it has been cleaned and hot tanked. My guess is a bad repair job due to a spun bearing.

Comment

I thought it was weird that the bad cylinder had previously been repaired with ARP bolts($$) but the other cylinders ignored.
      Talk about false economy.
      That engine must have taken a lot of neglect before the current owners' woes.

Comment

I understand that the enlarged #1 rod bearing could cause the piston to hit the head, but what caused the #1 valve to have little clearance? I though the man said the valve seat worn down but they didn't bring the subject up at the end -- nobody cared about the substantial reduction on valve clearance?

Comment

Interesting that he said the cracked rod journal (with the sharp edge) machined the bearing shells, but I don't think you can feel the sharp edge on this large crank unless it was already broken and separated.

Comment

Working...
          X