Usb Aux for MK60 Nav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usb Aux for MK60 Nav

Hey all - I’m looking to get a clean way to get my phone working with my coupe (I have Avin in the M3 Wagon with Car Play). I’d rather maintain my stock head-unit in the coupe and want a simple but relatively hidden way to connect my phone to play music or Sirius from my home app.

I have the OG Status Carbon console btw or that makes any difference on install.

thanks tech guys !

There's no MK60 Nav. Maybe you mean MKIV / Mk4? Mk60 is the ABS unit.

What's a "USB Aux" mean exactly?

It's fairly trivial to add an audio aux in, in the trunk which you could wire to the front of the car.

Or a Bluebus?

There's other cheaper devices that work I think similar to BlueBus although I believe for audio playback only (i.e. no phone calls) and unlikely to be as well supported.

Comment

Bluebus for wireless or intravee for wired.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
        Bluebus for wireless or intravee for wired.
        I figured I wouldn’t bother you

I can hide that ?

Comment

BlueBus t3ddftw
          '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
          Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
          Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by LeeForst View Post
            Hey all - I’m looking to get a clean way to get my phone working with my coupe (I have Avin in the M3 Wagon with Car Play). I’d rather maintain my stock head-unit in the coupe and want a simple but relatively hidden way to connect my phone to play music or Sirius from my home app.

I have the OG Status Carbon console btw or that makes any difference on install.

thanks tech guys !
            Definitely the BlueBus (okay, I'm a bit biased) since you have factory Navigation (The Intravee is a great option too, but then you're limited to using an iPhone/iPod over a wired interface). My biggest pet peeve with the U.S. Navi was that there was so much unused real estate. To that end, I built menus that display all sorts of options and data. You can also get Coolant Temperature and the outdoor temperature on the default BlueBus "Dashboard", which is kinda neat. Features have been pretty stagnant for a while, but that should kick back off soon now that I have launched the second iteration of the hardware and I can get back to writing code rather than PCB layout.

Thanks!
            -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

Definitely the BlueBus (okay, I'm a bit biased) since you have factory Navigation (The Intravee is a great option too, but then you're limited to using an iPhone/iPod over a wired interface). My biggest pet peeve with the U.S. Navi was that there was so much unused real estate. To that end, I built menus that display all sorts of options and data. You can also get Coolant Temperature and the outdoor temperature on the default BlueBus "Dashboard", which is kinda neat. Features have been pretty stagnant for a while, but that should kick back off soon now that I have launched the second iteration of the hardware and I can get back to writing code rather than PCB layout.

Thanks!
              -Ted

Completely agree bluebus is the way to go-- I only mentioned the intravee because he asked about USB Aux.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I figured I wouldn’t bother you

I can hide that ?
                With the bluebus, you can just leave the phone in your pocket.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Thanks all! Ted can you send me the link to what I need in entirety?

Comment

Thanks all! Ted can you send me the link to what I need in entirety?
                    What year is your car?
                    Do you have the oval mirror, or the rectangular mirror with the "SOS" button?

Thanks!
                    -Ted

Comment

2004 - Rectangular with SOS clown nose

Comment

2004 - Rectangular with SOS clown nose
                        You want this adapter for telephony: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bluebus-...tcu-adapter~b/

You already have a microphone, since your car is equipped with BMW Assist.

-Ted

Comment

Working...
                        X