Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RACP Plates with the most coverage that don’t require dropping the gas tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RACP Plates with the most coverage that don’t require dropping the gas tank?

Seems like there are a lot of options that have come into the market in the last few years and I’m curious what the best option is to go with that has the most coverage for the RACP that doesn’t require the gas tank to be dropped like a CMP or Reddish plate?

These look pretty decent

MSW's E46 rear subframe reinforcement kit strengthens the floor of the E46 chassis by using greater welded area and high strength plate steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

You should still drop the gas tank to prevent potentially causing fires from welding. Covering it with a towel and stuff, I wouldn't recommend.

Comment

If they are weld-in plates(the best method), you MUST remove the tank.
      Don't let some bright spark(no pun intended) convince you otherwise.
      covering the tank with towels, aluminum shield etc, is not going to protect you from the explosion if there is the merest hint of fuel vapor.

Comment

The 'larger' plates are larger to give material to connect the plate to the inside of the trunk (and then to the chassis leg), CMP and Redish V3 do this for a reason to fix the poor rigidity of the RACP.

If you use any other plates you aren't really fixing anything, just putting on what is effectively a washer. Do it properly or don't do it I would say.

E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
        E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
        E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

See Corey, this is what happens when you ask a question on the forums.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Right?
              2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

We need little descriptions under our name to show how long we've been in the M3 game
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                X