Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARH headers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ARH headers

    hello all,
    I am building an s54 and looking at headers or my m3, does anyone have any information on ARH headers (American Racing Headers)?
    https://americanracingheaders.com/co...m3-long-system
    Any information on them compared to supersprint?
    I remember on m3foruem there was something like a 102 page thread on them, but now it doesnt exist so here ill ask.

    thank you for any input or information

    Anthony

    #2
    Back to back, same car same dyno, custom tune for each resulted in these being worse than OE euro at the bottom end and mid range, same as OE euro in the high end.

    ... and SS V1 stepped makes more than OE euro, at least on cars with other modifications.

    And these are a PITA to tune for/make legal, as they only have one pre/post cat O2.

    Avoid.

    2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2004 JR/Black M3 Wagon
    2001 LMB/Black M5 Sedan
    2017 i3 Hatchback

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Obioban View Post
      Back to back, same car same dyno, custom tune for each resulted in these being worse than OE euro at the bottom end and mid range, same as OE euro in the high end.

      ... and SS V1 stepped makes more than OE euro, at least on cars with other modifications.

      And these are a PITA to tune for/make legal, as they only have one pre/post cat O2.

      Avoid.
      I couldn't spend the time to read that entire thread lol. They're so expensive which makes no sense.

      Are SSV1 the way to go or epic's headers?

      This will be matched to a corsa catback, so I will need a section 2 of some sorts

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by M/Anthony View Post

        I couldn't spend the time to read that entire thread lol. They're so expensive which makes no sense.

        Are SSV1 the way to go or epic's headers?

        This will be matched to a corsa catback, so I will need a section 2 of some sorts
        Given your other thread (saying you care about bottom end and mid range), SSV1s are what you need.

        What's the size of the tubing on the Corsa? Given your power goals, you should probably keep that 2x2.5" going from header to tailpipe (with a stock location merge-- which it looks like the Corsa has).

        2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2004 JR/Black M3 Wagon
        2001 LMB/Black M5 Sedan
        2017 i3 Hatchback

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by M/Anthony View Post

          I couldn't spend the time to read that entire thread lol. They're so expensive which makes no sense.

          Are SSV1 the way to go or epic's headers?

          This will be matched to a corsa catback, so I will need a section 2 of some sorts
          EPIC's aren't readily available and subject to their decision to manufacture a new batch. From a sourcing standpoint alone, SS V1's would be the way to go.
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Obioban View Post

            Given your other thread (saying you care about bottom end and mid range), SSV1s are what you need.

            What's the size of the tubing on the Corsa? Given your power goals, you should probably keep that 2x2.5" going from header to tailpipe (with a stock location merge-- which it looks like the Corsa has).
            2.5", this exhaust produced so little rasp when I had it on a stock m3. That's what I figured for better torque, also why I asked about ARH since they have a 6-1 merge for a better top end, but the diameter of the ARH headers cant flow nearly enough gas through them like SSV1, I did the math when I first looked at them, not surpried OE makes better power and can flow better.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by M/Anthony View Post

              2.5", this exhaust produced so little rasp when I had it on a stock m3. That's what I figured for better torque, also why I asked about ARH since they have a 6-1 merge for a better top end, but the diameter of the ARH headers cant flow nearly enough gas through them like SSV1, I did the math when I first looked at them, not surpried OE makes better power and can flow better.
              I'd like to hear that Corsa-- I didn't realize they made a setup now that doesn't replace the section 1.

              2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2004 JR/Black M3 Wagon
              2001 LMB/Black M5 Sedan
              2017 i3 Hatchback

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

                EPIC's aren't readily available and subject to their decision to manufacture a new batch. From a sourcing standpoint alone, SS V1's would be the way to go.
                Ive only really seen them ran on race cars matched with an Epic tune. Thats good to know. Thank you

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Obioban View Post

                  I'd like to hear that Corsa-- I didn't realize they made a setup now that doesn't replace the section 1.
                  I would get a sound clip, but it completely disassembled to fit in my garage though. really great exhaust design, no one runs it though Once I fit it back up I'll get sound clips. Another e46 m3 guy at my dealer liked it, said it was loud, IMO it's quiet. I standby their statement about no drone when driving. My brother also runs a Corsa on a built N54, sounds good especially with bolt-ons, now it sounds different with a single turbo. That made me get the Corsa.
                  Last edited by M/Anthony; 04-28-2020, 11:06 AM.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Obioban View Post

                    I'd like to hear that Corsa-- I didn't realize they made a setup now that doesn't replace the section 1.
                    I also didn't realize it was 2.5".

                    https://www.corsaperformance.com/col...31145969025110

                    Son of a..
                    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

                      I also didn't realize it was 2.5".

                      https://www.corsaperformance.com/col...31145969025110

                      Son of a..
                      Well I'll be damned! Too bad it's over $2k lol
                      /// 2004 SilberGrau M3 · Coupe · 6spd · slicktop · zero options · Instagram
                      Evolve-R Alpha N · Evolve CF CSL Airbox · SS V1 stepped 2.5" · SS V1 decat · OE sect 2 & 3 + 82mm tips · Besian · CSL battery · TMS · MCS-1wnr · Vorshlag · Eibach · GroundControl · RE · Hotchkis · OE CSL trunk · Cobra Nogaros · OE CSL wheels + 235/265 PS4S · APEX · Brembo 996

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Looks pretty good, all told-- 2.5" to the tips, correct merge location, drone canceling, rasp canceling. I'd really like to hear one! And find out the weight.

                        Edit: They say it reduced weight by 34 lbs (section 2 and muffler combined). And



                        ... doesn't sound the best there.

                        2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2004 JR/Black M3 Wagon
                        2001 LMB/Black M5 Sedan
                        2017 i3 Hatchback

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

                          Well I'll be damned! Too bad it's over $2k lol
                          Hahaha it was a tough bullet to bite. I will say with Corsa Exhaust you have to give it a week or so to break in, sounds deeper once it’s broken in.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Videos only go so far when determining true exhaust note - I echo (pun intended) the wish to hear it in-person. $2k is comparable to a SS Sect 2 2.5" resonated and their muffler.
                            '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I’ve never heard my car without driving in it and The only rasp I really had was when I hit 7k rpm, but that’s pretty expected lol.
                              Agreed with the videos, very old video, I watched them and didn’t like them but really liked this exhaust. It will sound different with every car and setup.
                              Last edited by M/Anthony; 04-28-2020, 11:39 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X