Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you track/organize your maintenance records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recommend backing up or printing out your excel sheets every once in a while, gents. Data can be there one day and gone the next.
    E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Spreadsheet, just of what I did when/at how many miles, with no dollar values assigned

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Boost View Post
        I recommend backing up or printing out your excel sheets every once in a while, gents. Data can be there one day and gone the next.
        I have many, MANY layers of digital backup.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
          Spreadsheet, just of what I did when/at how many miles, with no dollar values assigned

No SUM is the trick! Haha.

Comment

I sum because it is a reminder that I could simply buy other cars (and I did) rather than dumping money continuously into one. \

All maintenance records stored in the cloud on spreadsheets and locally in Excel. I also have three ring binders with every single hard paper receipt and a table of contents with page numbers so I can easily find what I'm looking for.

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I developed a very elaborate Excel Spreadsheet system, that includes Service Checklist templates and actually tracks and flags issues with certain measurement points. I built this ~2017 and hilariously I myself am yet to use it haha. It is here for anyone who wants it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...f=true&sd=true

At the moment I work across a few systems. I track my fuel usage / top ups using Fuelio loaded onto my AVIN Avant HU and have a backup to my Google Drive. Then I have a filing system of sorts on my Google Drive for all the receipts and records of other parts / work / analysis, as well as using Google Tasks, Keep and Calendar to track things (ie flag a service on google calendar and then link the service records from my drive to the calendar entry etc). I have half heartedly loaded my records into an AUTOsist profile and have that synced on the AVIN HU and my Google Drive, as well as their server. My Google Drive is synced across their cloud, my AVIN HU and my car diagnostic laptop. My long term intention is to modify that Excel tool I built to work in Google Sheets so I can actually use it live in my Google Drive across my diagnostics laptop and the AVIN HU and then it can have live links to the Calendar, Tasks and Keep etc... I have just been lazy so at the moment it mainly lives in Google Drive half organised and AUTOsist is really the easiest way to try view my records in any semblance of order.

Comment

I also forgot to mentioned I toyed with the idea of completing Service Checklists through Google Forms and allowing that to automatically fill a register. As a result I built a version of the BMW service checklist in Google Forms, I made a template copy that anyone is free to access and make a copy of onto their own Google Drive if they want: https://forms.gle/LdafcUh8LdWkEg9E8

If you access that then please make a copy on to your own drive before you start editing etc, it is currently set to not accept responses so people don't accidentally flood my google drive with their servoices so you will need to turn that back on etc after you copy it over to your own drive.

Comment

Originally posted by STAATS View Post
                  I also forgot to mentioned I toyed with the idea of completing Service Checklists through Google Forms and allowing that to automatically fill a register. As a result I built a version of the BMW service checklist in Google Forms, I made a template copy that anyone is free to access and make a copy of onto their own Google Drive if they want: https://forms.gle/LdafcUh8LdWkEg9E8

If you access that then please make a copy on to your own drive before you start editing etc, it is currently set to not accept responses so people don't accidentally flood my google drive with their servoices so you will need to turn that back on etc after you copy it over to your own drive.
                  This is what we get…

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

This is what we get…

maw
                    Hmm damn. sorry guys, I think its because I turned off responses so i didn't get flooded with trash if people accidentally used it on my account without copying it away... let me see what I can do... I couldn't find a way to simply export it last time...

Comment

Okay I have read a few things and it's still not clear to me how I can share a copy of the form for others to copy to their own Google account vs just responding within the form through my account but I think maybe by giving you the Google Drive link so try this:

Comment

To dissuade against tracking cost per item, I use a Word google doc, instead of an excel sheet. I use it for maintenance, mods, and setup notes.
                        I like this a bit more than a spreadsheet because I can add details under more significant things and keep a nice readable format.

Comment

+1 for Excel, with a column for maintenance and a column for modifications separately, and sheets assigned to gaming out ideas and storing images of Blackstone reports chronologically.
                          2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Working...
                          X