Your E46 M3 Touring Is Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your E46 M3 Touring Is Ready

Full repaint to Porsche GT Silver to boot. I'd like to see that thing up close, looks really well done in the pics and I like that they went euro headers and euro catted section 1. Nice Recaro seats as well. Man, that is tempting to sell some cars and buy. Hmmmm...
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

One of the comments says it's listed for $120,000. Not sure if that is true but if it is, it sounds a bit steep. I have seen sedan and wagon conversions for much less that are just as clean as this wagon.

Also, it does not list the mileage on the chassis or drivetrain.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
        One of the comments says it's listed for $120,000. Not sure if that is true but if it is, it sounds a bit steep. I have seen sedan and wagon conversions for much less that are just as clean as this wagon.

Also, it does not list the mileage on the chassis or drivetrain.
        When you say just as clean you mean with a full repaint with door jams (I'll assume engine bay)?

They listed 65k miles on the chassis in the PDF download, didn't see drivetrain mileage. Also listed a reman 6 six speed from Diffs online, 3.73 gears, and a bunch of other stuff.

The listing has now vanished from the sales sight. For what all they did to it I fully expected $80k to $100k since at a dealer. If $120k then yeah that is getting really really high.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Appears to be gone already. The article link to Sloan is gone, and it no longer shows on their site as inventory. I was trying to see what oceansize saw as far as details, but nothing to be had.

maw

Comment

Here is the PDF.... listing.pdf

This custom-built M3 Touring is based on a 2004 325i (RWD) wagon using OEM parts to recreate a car that BMW only
            teased with a prototype version that they never offered to the public for sale. Everything on this car is custom fabricated to
            the highest level of detail inside and out. The entire M3 drivetrain was rebuilt using OEM and Europe-only parts to create
            the ultimate family hauler.
            The interior was gutted and replaced with custom Recaro Sportster seats and a rear seat that mimics the thicker bolstered
            bench that comes standard in an M3 coupe. Some details are hidden under the carpet, like the rear coupe trunk flooring
            grafted to the wagon body that correctly guides the CSL quad-pipe exhaust system. Only 3k miles have been added since
            the fastidious owner completed the conversion.
            Features & Options

**Full Interior and Glass-Out Color Change to Porsche GT Silver**, **Full Wrap in Xpel Ultimate by Touch Of Glass**,
            65,000 miles on chassis and only 3k miles since the M3 Touring conversion, Alcantara headliner, pillars, sunroof cover,
            and sun-visors, AVIN AVANT 4 OEM-look Head-Unit with Wireless CarPlay, Back-Up Camera and CANBUS Connectivity
            BAVSOUND Complete Upgrade/Replacement of Existing HK Speakers, Custom Exhaust:OEM (used) EU Catless
            Headers (Jet Coated),OEM (used) EU Exhaust Section 1 (with OEM Catalytic Converters, <50k/km), OEM (used) EU
            Exhaust Section 2 OEM EU CSL Exhaust Section 3, Custom OEM M3 Dead Pedal (Modified to Fit Wagon) by Prestige
            BMW Interiors, Custom OEM Rockers, Custom Rear M3-Style OEM Seats with Contrast Exterior-Matched to Match Front
            by AMX Performance, Custom Recaro Sportster Front Seats (M Performance Style) with Contrast Exterior-Matched Silver
            Stitching by AMX Performance, Custom V-Bracing to Match OEM Coupe Bracing, Driveline Replaced with: REM Polished
            (2-3% Less DL Loss) Remanufactured OEM 6 Speed Getrag Transmission DiffsOnline Custom 3.73 M Differential (final
            closer to 3.84 with ZCP Existing Wheels/Tires), KW Street Comfort Coilovers, M3 Body: OEM sheet metal front fenders,
            OEM Sheet Metal Rear Fenders (with Concept-Matched Door Dive), M3 Front and Rear Subframes, M3 Steering Rack,
            OEM (remanufactured) CSL brakes, carriers and disks, OEM EU-Spec Shadowline Trim, OEM Front Bumper, OEM M3
            Dash, Door Panels, Center Console, Custom M3 Cluster (with 4-Door Illumination), OEM Replacement Headlights, OEM
            Replacement of All Suspension/Chassis Wear Items (incl. OEM and PowerFlex Engine Mounts and Bushing
            Replacements), OEM Trunk Pan (to accomodate M3 Exhaust), OEM ZCP Wheels Powder Coated in E92 Black Chrome,
            S54 M3 motor completely overhauled with: VAC Bearings,APR Studs, DR. VANOS complete VANOS replacement,
            Bimmerworld VANOS Line Replacement,ECS Tuning Pulleys,OEM Water Pump,OEM ECU with KASSEL Software and
            Diff Correction (see Cluster)

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

When you say just as clean you mean with a full repaint with door jams (I'll assume engine bay)?

They listed 65k miles on the chassis in the PDF download, didn't see drivetrain mileage. Also listed a reman 6 six speed from Diffs online, 3.73 gears, and a bunch of other stuff.

The listing has now vanished from the sales sight. For what all they did to it I fully expected $80k to $100k since at a dealer. If $120k then yeah that is getting really really high.
              I have seen many, if various stages of condition. Most do not do a full repaint. Even with a full repaint, I stand by my previous comment that $120k is steep. I would expect it at $50k-60k maybe.

You cannot price out all the work then say, I am going to sell the car for what I paid for all the work. We all know that's not how the car market works. In reality, it is not a true M car, so it doesn't really hold the collectability as a true low mileage M3 would sell for. Even top tier e46 M3 in super rare specs, low mileage, and/or super desirable specs are not selling for $100k. You expect a non m car to?

I mean sure, if the guy walks along with $120k burning a hole in his pocket, then sure it would sell. Would you HONESTLY buy this for $120k over any other car that are actually worth $120k? I mean, at $120k, your getting into 997 gt3's, NSX's, Ferrari 360/f430, etc. I can name many other cars that are actually worth $120k and then you could actually get your money back if you sold said car.
              Last edited by bmw m3 s50; 10-11-2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Hilarious if that's really the price it went for.
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I have seen many, if various stages of condition. Most do not do a full repaint. Even with a full repaint, I stand by my previous comment that $120k is steep. I would expect it at $50k-60k maybe.

You cannot price out all the work then say, I am going to sell the car for what I paid for all the work. We all know that's not how the car market works. In reality, it is not a true M car, so it doesn't really hold the collectability as a true low mileage M3 would sell for. Even top tier e46 M3 in super rare specs, low mileage, and/or super desirable specs are not selling for $100k. You expect a non m car to?

I mean sure, if the guy walks along with $120k burning a hole in his pocket, then sure it would sell. Would you HONESTLY buy this for $120k then any other car? I can name many other cars that are actually worth $120k and then you could actually get your money back if you sold said car.
                  You said just as clean so in my mind that means a full repaint and everything else this build lists. Just wanted clarity. It is too high.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

You said just as clean so in my mind that means a full repaint and everything else this build lists. Just wanted clarity. It is too high.
                    I understand now. I simply said clean to describe the overall condition which no doubt, it is immaculate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                      Hilarious if that's really the price it went for.
                      Well the car market is crazy and people are paying absurd amounts for cars. It only takes one guy to buy the car.

Comment

Well the car market is crazy and people are paying absurd amounts for cars. It only takes one guy to buy the car.
                        It is crazy, nonsense all around with people spending close to what a clean Gallardo goes for on old bimmers, I don't get it, fomo? mass hysteria or just the same people that hodl sfm? I wouldn't pay 10k for it haha.

Comment

This car had it's bodywork done at Mike's Autobody here in Boston.

They're a really good shop.

Too bad that still doesn't warrant a stock S54 going for $120k.

Maybe $40k if you like being slower.

S54 barely moves the cars they came with stock, the only way to improve that is to have less weight and well this is the exact opposite lol
                          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                          2005 BMW ///M3
                          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

It's hype ya. I feel like these trust fund brats/oil money/cyrptobros who are paying way over haven't ever owned a 20 year old M car. They only know of the cars' perceived cool factor in photos.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

If they ever drove one, they’d know the motor lacks the torque to be a true family hauler, especially with a heavier body. It can tow nothing — tent, skis, jet skis, football / soccer / hockey gear, snowmobiles, nothing. But it’s still a cool idea and a nice one off build. $120k is insane any way you look at it.

maw

Comment

Working...
                              X