OEM Rear brake kit - any preferences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Rear brake kit - any preferences?

As the title states, my car is in need of rear rotors and pads, I saw this kit on FCP euro and it seems pretty good - thought to ask what you guys are running for OEM setups? My driving style is weekend cruises through canyons out here in California, nothing crazy hard or close to the limit, just spirited, fun driving. No need for a BBK or anything else - I don't even think performance pads as I want comfort and am happy with the M performance so far. I have new rotors and pads up front that are OEM and happy with them so far. Any suggestions? I'm all ears. If there are links on here already forgive me for that - I tried searching for 10 min and couldn't find much. Thanks in advance!

Kit from FCP - $240.61

Brands in the kit -
    Rotors - Zimmerman
    Pads - Textar
    - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Any rotor will work, Zimmerman is pretty reputable. The rear OEM Textar pads can groan at very low speeds. These most likely need to be bed-in every once in a while. The OE BMW pads (also made by Textar) do not groan and didn't need bedding in after the initial install. My guess is the friction compound is a bit different.
    Last edited by Slideways; 10-17-2022, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Both Zimmerman and Textar are OEM, so you cannot go wrong there. Performance Friction Z-rated are excellent pads too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
        Any rotor will work, Zimmerman is pretty reputable. The rear OEM Textar pads can groan at very low speeds. These most likely needs to be bed-in every once in a while. The OE BMW pads (also made by Textar) do not groan and didn't need bedding in after the initial install. My guess is the friction compound is a bit different.
        Oh got it! Would you recommend to try to source the OE pads instead? Mine are currently groaning right now when they're cold (guessing from the change in temperature but also the wear on them) and they drive me nuts. I'd like them to be as quite as they could be
        - Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
          Both Zimmerman and Textar are OEM, so you cannot go wrong there. Performance Friction Z-rated are excellent pads too.
          I'll have to check out those pads, have you tried them on yours before?
          - Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by ChapterM3 View Post

Oh got it! Would you recommend to try to source the OE pads instead? Mine are currently groaning right now when they're cold (guessing from the change in temperature but also the wear on them) and they drive me nuts. I'd like them to be as quite as they could be
            FCP should have the OE BMW pads. Those should be noise free unless they changed the pad compound from when the cars were new.

Comment

Working...
            X