X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
    Is this a confirmed issue people have?
    Yes. Did you read the first post under:
    “Will changing the steering rack or modifying the knuckle geometry mess up the DSC?”
    Been confirmed 15 years ago by DragonsTail. I also had issue 11 years ago installing CSL rack. It was on aggressive turns. Fixed it after coding. A freeway exit I took daily for work would newly trigger it.
    *Driving and intervention may vary.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

old///MFanatic see that's what I'm confused about. I've seen people say dsc starts to intervene at strange times such as going round a sweeping bend etc.

Why would the experience with the issue be so varied? Some say it's unmistakable and super invasive, others don't get it at all. I have never had the DSC cut in outside of when the car is actually slipping and you would expect it to.

Comment

Originally posted by lapoune View Post

No it works fine (have couple cars with mk20\zcp\z3 racks and a car with mk60). Worst case turn off, not like mk20 dsc is any good anyway.
        Pretty much my experience. I was prepared to test it out and if it was intervening on the street I would just swap back. On track the dsc gets turned off anyway cause it's rubbish. But to my surprise despite all the warning on the forums, nothing. It's been on the car for about a year now and no issues. Since then I have run square 9.5j 255 and a solid steering coupler, still nothing.
        ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
          Well depending on your DME version (car build date) you might not want to mess with the ratio. You don’t have your info posted in user info.
          If your version is unable to code to CSL/ZCP rack setting then don’t even mess with it imho. Stay stock.
          I have a 2005 M3

Comment

Originally posted by lapoune View Post

No it works fine (have couple cars with mk20\zcp\z3 racks and a car with mk60). Worst case turn off, not like mk20 dsc is any good anyway.
            so worth having a yellow tag one in pace of the stock? mine is all street driving. My car is 2005

Comment

2005 is MK60, so you can code it to expect the yellow tag rack.

If a faster rack is an upgrade or a downgrade is up to you— every steering ratio is a compromise.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by bullet0770 View Post

so worth having a yellow tag one in pace of the stock? mine is all street driving. My car is 2005
                I wouldn't say the rack difference is earth shattering. Like Ian said earlier, probably get more of what you're looking for just by shimming the pump.

That being said, if you can code the car for CSL rack, have access to a rack for a good price, can install it yourself to save on costs, then I don't see why not. But it is a MINOR improvement, and a bit of a ballache to install.

Comment

Originally posted by bullet0770 View Post
                  I have a 2005 M3
                  Great, you have later DME that can accept coding. You could code for the ZCP/CSL rack ratio.
                  You could even code at same time for the “M-Track” mode that allows less intrusive DSC(allows more tire slip).
                  The third “active/non-active” setting is for brake bias if you had the larger CSL/ZCP brakes.
                  6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Digging thru the archives, my current (e46 M3) inner/outer tie rods can be used when I install my 712 yellow tag rack. Can anyone double confirm this? Any other things I’m missing for the 712 install?

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                      2005 is MK60, so you can code it to expect the yellow tag rack.

If a faster rack is an upgrade or a downgrade is up to you— every steering ratio is a compromise.
                      Thanks for your reply, My car is stock and I don't have access to code. Maybe leave it stock is good option for me or buy INPA?

I wouldn't say the rack difference is earth shattering. Like Ian said earlier, probably get more of what you're looking for just by shimming the pump.

That being said, if you can code the car for CSL rack, have access to a rack for a good price, can install it yourself to save on costs, then I don't see why not. But it is a MINOR improvement, and a bit of a ballache to install.
                      Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                      Great, you have later DME that can accept coding. You could code for the ZCP/CSL rack ratio.
                      You could even code at same time for the “M-Track” mode that allows less intrusive DSC(allows more tire slip).
                      The third “active/non-active” setting is for brake bias if you had the larger CSL/ZCP brakes.
                      Thanks for your reply.
                      I can do all the mechanical stuff but don't have access to code the car. I read that we can buy the software but the old one's were not working. Do we have a link where I can buy (INPA?)

Comment

The 2004 I just recently bought has a green tag on the rack, Does this mean it was changed at some point?

Comment

ordered the bimmergeeks cable, I needed to check codes and bleed brakes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post
                            The 2004 I just recently bought has a green tag on the rack, Does this mean it was changed at some point?
                            Green tag is the stock non-ZCP rack

Comment

What’s the opinion on rebuilding racks? I bought an unknown mileage ZHP rack I’ve been waiting to install and was planning to rebuild it with a gates seal kit. It feels good and tight turning by hand so I’m kinda just wanting to throw it on and enjoy it before winter. I’ve got a new pump I’m planning to shim to 25% as well.

Comment

Pretty much my experience. I was
                                prepared to test it out and if it was intervening on the street I would just swap back. On track the dsc gets turned off anyway cause it's rubbish. But to my surprise despite all the warning on the forums, nothing. It's been on the car for about a year now and no issues. Since then I have run square 9.5j 255 and a solid steering coupler, still nothing.
                                ​​​
                                I'm in the process of installing a yellow tag on my '01 to try it out for myself. Worse case I'll turn the DSC off or swap back to the green tag. Just did the rod bearings so it will be a while before I can push it.
                                2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                                Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                                Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X