Need muffler recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need muffler recommendations

Need some help from the community to figure out which muffler to get. I'm in on the group buy for supersprint Catless headers, resonated section one, and resonated section 2.

Looking back I probably should have purchased catted headers and done the race muffler but I'm past that time now. So do I just get the race muffler and hope it's not too loud? I have a tow hitch that will be going on so the stock muffler size isn't an option.

Thanks for any help
    ​​​​​

Race muffler on top of Catless headers will be brutally loud. If you want to tone it down then get a SS Sport. cats in section 1 will tone things down quiet a bit but they're very pricey, unless you custom make your own.
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

It all depends on what you’re looking to accomplish. You are gonna be catless but you’re gonna have resonated section 1 and 2. The SS race might be too loud but the SS street might be have too much drone.

I have a Scza paired up with my SS dual resonated sec 2, euro cats, and euro headers. It’s quieter down low when I’m going around town but she’s a real screamer up top.

Comment

I'm just trying to not be the loudest thing on the street. I've realized that I've screwed up and now I'm trying to figure out the best muffler to tone the sound down.

Comment

I would either rock stock exhaust, grab an SS Sport or Street, or maybe an RE El Diablo. Just have fun with it.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post
            I have a tow hitch that will be going on so the stock muffler size isn't an option.

​​​​​
            What hitch did you get?

Comment

If you have a dual 2.5in / 63.5mm setup, ssv1 etc, with an SCZA (also 2.5) then you should not be splitting ear drums. What makes a setup loud is oem style headers with smaller diameter pipes and a muffler with similar diameter and little to no "muffling"

My setup is ssv1 ss straight sec1, dual ss sec2 res, and scza, its not loud but louder than stock for sure. Normal city driving shift at 4k it's not an issue at all.
              2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Is it better res sec 1 or 2? I know for sure I wanted to run the SS twin tube sec 2, but not sure if it would be better to res that or sec 1 with the Rogue one. Apologize for jacking the thread just curious as I will need to do something similar with my SS V1 stepped headers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
                  Is it better res sec 1 or 2? I know for sure I wanted to run the SS twin tube sec 2, but not sure if it would be better to res that or sec 1 with the Rogue one. Apologize for jacking the thread just curious as I will need to do something similar with my SS V1 stepped headers.
                  It's best to do a resonated section 1 and 2 with both. You can always get a regular nonres section 1 and add resonators.
                  Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Whatever you do, the SS Race will be loud and that gets old quick. It's meant for track only cars. For a street car that is driven multiple times a week, the SS Street is the most tolerable or SS Sport if it is driven once or twice a week. DINAN is another option similar to the Sport, but has the two dummy tips if you don't mind that.

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

What hitch did you get?

As recommended on here. I have not received or installed it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
                        If you have a dual 2.5in / 63.5mm setup, ssv1 etc, with an SCZA (also 2.5) then you should not be splitting ear drums. What makes a setup loud is oem style headers with smaller diameter pipes and a muffler with similar diameter and little to no "muffling"

My setup is ssv1 ss straight sec1, dual ss sec2 res, and scza, its not loud but louder than stock for sure. Normal city driving shift at 4k it's not an issue at all.
                        The scza muffler dampens more sound even though it only has one muffler chamber? The ss race has 2 correct?

Comment

As recommended on here. I have not received or installed it yet.
                          I would double check on whether or not a stock sized muffler wouldn't fit.
                          As you probably know the rear bumper beam needs to be aluminum, and you'll need to trim the diffuser, but I thought you could keep the stock muffler. I could be wrong though.

Comment

I'm just trying to not be the loudest thing on the street.

you're gonna be pretty loud/noticeable on the street from a boomy/raspy perspective if you're running catless, irregardless of what your sec3 is. imo adding too many resonators (especially to the sec1) tames the rasp but really kills any sound character from the exhaust

for countless reasons, you'll be better off figuring out a way to get cats on your planned setup

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

you're gonna be pretty loud/noticeable on the street from a boomy/raspy perspective if you're running catless, irregardless of what your sec3 is. imo adding too many resonators (especially to the sec1) tames the rasp but really kills any sound character from the exhaust

for countless reasons, you'll be better off figuring out a way to get cats on your planned setup
                              I've been considering adding both resonators and high flow cats to my Section 1 but now I'm doubting it. Currently running Megan headers, stock section 1 and an ACS Exhaust. It's too loud and raspy and smells bad. Maybe I just need the cats.

Comment

Working...
                              X